Homeless Guy

I Got Paid $40 to Appear

in JT's Wedding Video

10/25/2012 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102512_homeless_launch
One of the homeless men who appeared in a video reportedly featured at Justin Timberlake's wedding says he was paid $40 ... and had NO IDEA he was the punchline in a sick joke.

TMZ spoke with the man -- "Eddie" -- who tells us he was just minding his own business in Hollywood when he was approached by a man who offered him money in exchange for saying a few pre-written lines into the camera.

Eddie says the cameraman told him the video was being made for a friend's wedding -- Eddie had no idea it was for Timberlake and Jessica Biel.

When we told him how the footage was used, Eddie told us, "That makes me feel really bad ... that was a trick played on me."

In case you're wondering why Eddie is dressed so nicely in our video -- it's because he was out looking for a job yesterday.

"I'm gonna do my best to change my life."

TMP

I don't think that Justin and Jessica had anything to do with this, but I really hope they told their friend that he's a prick. Seriously... I get it... they're rich... it's really funny when super rich people who have no worries in the world make fun of homeless people.. (that's total sarcasm in case you couldn't tell). I'm not a bleeding heart at all, this man seems to be actually TRYING which is more than I can say for a lot of 20 somethings out there right now. This is just my opinion of course. Seems like a really crappy, bad karma kind of way to start out your marriage.

user007

That was just mean...I'm talking about the way that TMZ pap treated him in telling him how the video was used. That pap cared just as much or as little about this dude than anyone else. Plus at least he got $40 outta the first video, I bet TMZ give him nothing for their video.

SusanCF

not only were JT and Jessica wrong, but TMZ, you were wrong to sit there and explain it to this poor man just to get a reaction from him. Shame on you TMZ!!!

Rhubino

Well look at TMZ acting all righteous, the same people who videotaped a half dead Peter Falk while trying to mind his own business and showed it on this site.

sotiredofthis

A totally ****ty thing to do. Everyone directly and INDIRECTLY (as J & J will most likely claim) responsible, should be ashamed and compensate in some form (other than the token "money" - it was not a TYPICAL, EVERYDAY type of "friend" thing. IF. IF this "friend" did it solely on their own, de-friend them. IF this was an employee, fire their ass.

Laura

I agree with No. 1, Pookie--this marriage is off to a very bad karma.

wow ew

40 dollars?? ****. He could've gotten WAY more than that. He got gypped.

Buddy The Elf

Those silly rich kids!
They are just like us.

Kim

I don't see what this has to do with Justin and Jessica!!! they were not the ones that made the video, the ownership should be on the person that thought it was funny to make the video, why are they being blamed for it? this is dumb, people just love picking on celebs. I guess it makes them feel better about their lives. This makes no sense.

Mike

It's not like he has any self-respect left anyway.

Mr. Grimm

The joke is on every celebrity that exists in this terrible world of zionist corruption. People like Timberlake and Biel alone could fix poverty with their bank role. Instead you print money that doesn't exist and give it to these idiotic celebrities that are on some kind of power trip because the elite recruited them as their puppets. I find that hilarious. I think it's funny that the zionist media considers themselves credible. Reality is that college graduates take jobs at Burger King because they can't find employment. Im not going to take it anymore. It's time we bring down the system of corruption. We will all rise and unite which is what the zionists fear the most. You can't stop it. I am an idea that never goes away passed down to every citizen who cares about the prosperity of man and is not a puppet for the elite. TMZ wants to make fun of this guy for not having nice clothes? You just bring a heart with you next time you decide to spew your propaganda.

Cookie

Is it just me, or does this guy look like Flava Flav's long lost brother?

Cookie

Is it just me, or does this guy look like Flava Flav's long lost brother?

campy

You've got to be kidding me. Is he hanging out in front of the Ivy? Already?

catster

I think the $40 is way more insulting than the "gag". If I was making this video for my friends, $40 is the amount I would pay each homeless person because that is on par with my income. The jerk who made this video should have given that guy $400. Or $4000. And perhaps also have been honest with them about what they are filming, because there are plenty of homeless in LA that would have been fine with it or even proud to do it for a SAG wage. Maybe we can pressure him to pay those homeless people some royalties or make it up to them in some way.