'Foster the People' Singer

KICKED OUT

of Prince Concert

10/26/2012 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102612_foster_bouncer_launch_v2
Prince DOES NOT mess around when it comes to cell phones at his private shows ... and had the lead singer of Foster the People KICKED OUT last night when he violated the rule.

TMZ was shooting footage when Mark Foster -- the guy who sings the annoyingly overplayed "Pumped Up Kicks" song -- was escorted out of The Sayers Club when someone saw him tooling around on his iPhone.

Foster begged and pleaded with security to let him back inside -- using every tactic in the book:

-- I have a tab at the bar I didn't close!
-- I promise I wasn't taking a picture, check my phone!
-- I'm a musician, I understand ... I won't do it again.

... and of course, "I'm Mark Foster ... from Foster the People."

After a couple of minutes in limbo, security gave Mark a break and let him back inside ... but only after they MADE HIM check his phone.

102612_foster_launch
On his way out of the show, Mark told us it was a big misunderstanding ... he was simply checking a text message from a friend when he was tossed.

He also said he understood why security did what they did ... telling us, "It's cool ... Prince doesn't play in front of 100 people every night."

Stacy

Them, there iphone/cell phone techie people need to get some social etiquette. Really?! a private show by Prince...I have a hunch your a tool of a guy.

jenny ruby

foster=brother phone call
brittany wig=long blond hair nelson
pattison and k stew= patsy and I at nelson show in car in memphis
hocus pocus =lupus
nanny=i was the babysitter for amanda and holly
bobbi brown/mom control issues
michael phelps=carrot top raft prop
donald taraq=mata dn gun nelson
aguilara micky mouse=ninja turtles chase bought

jenny ruby

whats in the box katy perry= golden girl clip i watched about sofia's secret box dorothy found and opened

Matt

I will show up and beat his security personnel to a pulp yo!

Eric

Never heard of "Foster the People" before. Oh wait, were they on SNL once?

squeakermama

Hummmmmm....cell phone or Prince?

lanie

That Foster kid is really short.. Prince probably reconsidered kicking him out -- because Foster made him feel TALL and manly..

lanie

Hopefully security took the little guy's offer and looked through his photos/videos -- I bet there are a lot of eye opening, gay twink boys photos in that thing...

delerious

You can not deny prince of being a great artist. He has written 1000+ songs, that were performed by many other singers. I think people are confused by the Symbol. He wants to get paid for what he does as everyone if you do it you deserve the acknowledgment and money for it why let someone else profit from what you worked hard for. They symbol and slave came from when Warner Bros "owned" him. He could not do anything without WB taking every dime from it. If he wrote it under the name Prince WB owned it. That is why he did stuff under the "symbol" so WB could not profit or sue him for anything he wrote or produced during the contracted period. He was not going to be WB's slave. He is a very smart business man, and his personal life stays out of the press, that is why he will not do interviews, because they always ask dumb questions.

vrich

I guess he wasnt wearing his "pumped up kicks"! *lmao

soberandsmober

Went to a Prince concert once. NEVER AGAIN. The tiny ******* was like 8 hours late, and then when he finally arrived, he refused to play anything old -- you know, all the songs everyone came to hear. Not a one! I still cringe thinking about that night.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

You have to understand Mark Foster has never performed in a private gig that paid him in the hundreds of thousands to a million dollar just to perform to a hundred people.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Prince has every right to toss anyone he wishes disrupting his performance including this very odd looking jerky wanker with his annoying "Pumped up dicq's" song.

Throwback kid

If you are talking about annoyingly overplayed you are talking about anything from Rihanna or Katy Perry. They have limited talent and are all hype!

Michael

Prince is extremely talented and an awesome guitarist too. I used to think he wasn't that great, but look at any of his LIVE performances on youtube, and you will see how awesome he really is. The FTP group and this dude is a 1-2 hit wonder band with minimal talent. Check them out from SNL a few months ago. He looked higher than a kite!! Happy FRIDAY @holes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments