Rod Stewart

Calls BS on 'Stomach

Full of Semen' Story

10/26/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rod Stewart says he doesn't have a taste for gay male sailors ... and NEVER had his stomach pumped after a wild night out with a bunch of sea men in San Diego ... despite the decades-old rumor.

Stewart opened up about the situation on Katie Couric's show -- when she asked him straight up if there was any truth to the X-rated story that's been circulating since the '80s.

Rod explained, "I used to have this guy work for me, he was a gay publicist ... I had to fire him because he did something terrible, which I won’t go into. He wanted revenge so he started this rumor about me, and it was horrible because my kids were at school. So that is definitely not true.”

He added, "I'm as heterosexual as they come."

Stewart goes into more detail about the story in his new book,"Rod: The Autobiography" -- in which he writes:

"I have never orally pleasured even a solitary sailor, let alone a ship's worth in one evening. And I have never had my stomach pumped, either of naval-issue semen or of any other kind of semen."

And now you know.

moxie

I heard (way back when) it was his soccer team.

tessa

you mean to tell me that gay people lie and are vindictive, arrogant aholes? tell me it ain't true!

Jackie

Aww!!!...Gross headline.

dick felterflapp

Funny, I heard the same thing about that 1/2 man Harvey at TMZ. Only Harvey didn't want his stomach pumped.

ML

that story has been around since the late 1970's. I heard about it in 4th grade!

waltie

Katie Couric's a sleaze for asking.

ColoradoRob

Grew up in Iowa, heard this story about him in 1971-72. Kept me from going and seeing him over the years ( Nasty F*** ). Why did he take so long to say anything about it?

Ms

Can we all just agree that no matter how much semen you swallowed there would never be any need for a stomach pumping anyway unless you were allergic?
At best you may vomit filling you stomach with too much liquid but no need for stomach pumping your body could handle it most men only produce a couple of tbsp of semen so even if he swallowed from 100 guys he would be fine. I always thought this rumor was ridiculous no matter who it was about and I have heard it about many diff celebs.

Bodie

If you have not seen Rod in concert, GO!
He is one of the finest entertainers of our lifetime. He puts 110% creativity and enthusiasm into his shows. You won't be disappointed!

Nostraldumass

I remeber hearing this in 6th grade (35 years ago) and didnt really understand it. That was about the time "Do ya think im sexy" came out so im sure alot of people believed it. It started out that it was Mick jaggers fault he had to go to the emergency room to get his tummy pumped. One gallon i think it was. Wonder when richard gere will explain about the gerbil

Cujeaux

Why the need for the stomach pump? We're the sailors on a nuclear sub for too long and had radioactive semen or was it a case of just too much - similar to water torture? I wish Rod would just ome clean about it because anyone who remembers the hot pink spandex days knows damn well he's a fruit.

Cujeaux

Oh and the Richard Gere story is fact.

Larry

Those types of stories come in and out of vogue in each generation. From the likes of Fatty Arbuckle (ruined his carer), to Jim Nabors & Rock Hudson to Richard Gere......just silly

Cheryl A.

They say this rumor has been going around since the 80's but I remember it from the 70's and if I recall, it was supposed to be him and David Bowie. I love BOTH these guys and do not believe it for a nano-second.

sara

I think harvey has found knew boyfriend...lmao....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments