Gene Hackman

Smacks Homeless Guy

Who Dropped C-Word

10/30/2012 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1030_gene_hackman_getty
Gene Hackman
pimp-slapped a homeless man who physically threatened the actor and his wife outside a New Mexico restaurant ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the incident went down Tuesday as Hackman and his wife were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. We're told a homeless guy named Bruce Becker approached them in a threatening manner.

We're told the incident escalated big time when Becker called Hackman's wife a "c**t" -- and then Hackman dished out some street justice ... slapping Becker across the face.

Becker then called the cops to report the incident.

We're told cops interviewed Hackman and his wife, determined the slap was in self-defense ... and, for now, no charges have been filed.

oink

The homeless man should have pulled a knife and started Hacking the man. hitting homeless people, these BIG stars have no shame.

oink

Now this is probably what happened

Was it like this. ? Ole Hackman and his wife was walking down the street and went past the guy , the guy asked for a handout for food, Hackman stopped and looked , then looked at his wife and commented, look at that gutter trash, these people are s*** and should die off. the wife laughed and said he is a bum, they walked on.

oink

Karma Hackman. you will be sorry.

ManiacalZebra

If the homeless guy threatened a famous guy and called the cops when a famous guy defended himself, it sounds like he wanted to be assaulted so he could cash in somehow.

Bonnie

Good for Gene!

Anon

Hey BlackDog,

It's good to keep an open mind, but here in Santa Fe, we do have a homeless problem. The man who Gene Hackman hit has a history of being belligerent towards people without provocation. Gene Hackman is a long time resident here and is well respected, and the police have inspected this case and cleared him. I don't believe he got favored treatment, if anybody did, it was Becker.

And as someone said, don't let someone like Becker take away from those homeless that really do need/want help.

UZURBRAIN

How is striking someone that hasn't laid a hand on you SELF DEFENSE? So what if he called his wife a vagina? Keep walking.....I'd sue

John

I like Gene...

Nothing wrong with keeping a true bitch in line... Too bad its not on youtube..

anony

Looks like the homeless guy didn't recognize Popeye Doyle.

StarryStarryNight

if anyone in this situation is a c*nt it would be the homeless guy.

Gretel

Love, love, love Gene Hackman. He smiled at me and said hello to me once. I saw him in a restaurant in New Orleans when he was there making a movie and I passed his table and said Hello Mr Hackman and he looked up and smiled and said "hello." I thought I'd pass out. He was sooo handsome. Love me some Gene Hackman.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Don't be an idiot. You are stupid thinking it is ok to "beat up" a homeless person. Not to demean them - but any person from the streets knows one thing - you never expose yourself to someone who has a high likely hood of exposing you to a disease.

Expose yourself to the person's blood in a brawl - and you might come out the winner in a physical fight - but you risk coming out the loser in the long run - being exposed to HIV.

Keep your hands to yourself and ignore. Why let such a troubled person ruin your night?

billybob

...Becker then called the cops to report the incident.

If this Becker-guy only could, he would have called the cops even before his attack.

Seems to be a 'new' business idea

Cheri

I like him a lot as an actor, but sense when are we allow to hit someone because you don't like what they have to say. If he thought the man was a danger to his wife or him, well OK then. Is it now legal to slap, punch for the wrong words? Please tell me it is cus boy I would love to slap oboma every time he opened his mouth

go home!

Good for him!!! Justice for all of us who have been abused by homeless people when we don't have money to hand out to them. I was once approached by a foaming at the mouth (literally) homeless black man on a bicycle, when I politely answered his request for money with a "sorry, no" instead of ignoring him like most people would, he snarled "God Damn Stupid Bitch." I wish I could have slapped HIM in the face but have to be careful not to catch rabies. No more being polite to homeless bums soliciting for money anymore!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments