Kelsey Grammer

Dodges

Ponzi Scheme Bullet

11/5/2012 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105-kelsey-grammer-tmz
Kelsey Grammer
is finally in the clear after being sued over an Internet-based Ponzi scheme, TMZ has learned.

According to new legal docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the "Cheers" actor has been dropped from a $100 million lawsuit -- in which he was accused of receiving dirty money in connection with a website called Staropoly.com.

The lawsuit against Kelsey was filed by TV actress Lydia Cornell, who claimed the website -- billed as a new social network -- was nothing more than a Ponzi scheme that bilked her out of tons of money ... and Kelsey was somehow involved.

Kelsey fired back, claiming he has no place in Lydia's lawsuit -- and lost tons of money on the website himself -- and the judge in the case has agreed ... dismissing Kelsey from Lydia's lawsuit.

Celebs Brian Williams and Richard Lewis -- who Lydia sued as well -- were also let off the hook.

Fabienne

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN TMZ LIVE COMES ON NOW? THOUGHT IT WAS 1:30 PT??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Los Pepes

Is this the wacko nutbag who took his newborn to a Playboy Party?

LiLo's boy toy

He lost a couple million to Murdoff. He an idiot

cobrazombie

I've got 100 million in cash I just inherited, and there's a big slice for Kelsey if he gives me his bank account details.

Lydia Cornell

All your facts are WRONG. I never sued Kelsey Grammer. Please read your tip line. I also never sued "Brian Williams" he is the one who sued Kelsey Grammer. And by the way, RICHARD LOLAND LEWIS is a convicted felon who is the stalker I got a restraining order against. you have no idea how complex and hilarious this story is, but I've been living in terror for months, thanks to your ugly article that smeared me.

I was dismissed from this case on Sept. 13 and have been in contact with Kelsey's team since July. This is the most bizarre story you will not believe it. My counsel put a gag order on me, but used my name as the scapegoat in the lawsuit. When I tried to protest, I was threatened. And there is much more. CHECK YOUR TIP LINE.

LyricsExpress

I am a former person involved with STAROPOLY and I am the one who turned the case to the FBI.... I've tried to reach and communicate with Kelsey Grammer for the last 2 years - and refused to take part in this case. HOWEVER - because I'm a "NOBODY" --- Grammer could care less.... I have all the data and all the information involved in the STAROPOLY situation - and I believe that things are far deeper and far dirtier than has been announced in magazines or publications. And IF TMZ were to look back in the emails - I TRIED to communicate this entire story to them originally...

I have no respect for most of the people in this case - and the lack of reception I received from the press - based on NOT BEING A CELEBRITY - even though the case involves Corbin Bleu, Stanley Clarke and Kelsey Grammer. - regardless of their guilt or not.

I never once asked for money - and while I would never turn down money (who would?) - My goal in this entire experience has been - and ALWAYS will be telling the truth - and stopping the people involved in scamming from hurting others.

Meggie24

Cheats on wife with a younger stewardess, gets a tattoo of his trophy wife's name on his abdomen, parties at the Playboy mansion for Halloween while leaving his newborn stuffed in a car seat and now wears a wig.

Can you say "mid life crisis"?

Lonnie

Lewis is not a celeb-

DahhTroll

He well eventauly go broke once his new wife
sucks him dry
Then he well come out of the closet as a queen,
crossd ressing freak.

LyricsExpress

By the way RICHARD LEWIS is not a Celebrity - in any way, shape or form - and Neither is Brian Williams (although BRIAN is a VERY nice young man who got screwed over in all of this) Richard Lewis is - in my opinion - a man who has been arrested before for fraud or theft - and Lydia Cornell has a Restraining order against him for stalking her (see court cases) He has manipulated Nell Paegel into believing he was a barred attorney when he was no such thing and is now trying to sue people for the RICO act... All of this Staropoly stuff is insane - I have the do***ents - Alex Varonos, David Fleming and Bobby Matias have used celebrities KELSEY GRAMMER, CORBIN BLEU, STANLEY CLARK and maybe even Matt Williams from baseball fame... to run the ponzi like scheme to continue in the scams that Alex Varonos has constantly manipulated into being.

LyricsExpress

Oh and MY NAME IS MEKI COX --- I'm not ashamed of it - I'm on Facebook - and I'm openly EVERYWHERE --- come find me if you dare.

Phishie from Philly

Kelsey Kelsey Kelsey! You know what was up.
Phishie from Philly

MrHarrybawls2010

Kelsey Grammar is dumb as a brick with absolutely zero morals. He will probably be playing shuffleboard in Hell with Hitler and Bundy one day..
Love.
Rev. Peter Popoff

MrHarrybawls2010

There was a picture once of Kelsey Grammar in a courtroom (probably about alimony payments) and he had his toothbrush sticking out of his shirt pocket -true. The guy is a total space cadet and if they searched his home they'd probably find a bunch of dead cats in his freezer..

Areader

He's a disgrace to the character he played!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments