Ariel Winter's Mother

I Didn't Abuse My Daughter

I Blocked Statutory Rape

11/8/2012 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1108_ariel_winter_and_mom_splash
"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter's mother insists she did NOT abuse her daughter -- claiming 14-year-old Ariel is making up stories ... because her mother wouldn't let her engage in a sexual act with her 18-year-old boyfriend.

Ariel's mom Chrystal Workman released a statement today, saying ... “I love my daughter very much. I would never abuse her in anyway and I have always tried my best to always protect her and do what is right for her."

She explained, "My fourteen-year-old daughter has been dating an eighteen-and-a-half-year-old man, and when I caught them engaging in behavior that I feel my daughter is too young mentally and physically to understand and fully grasp I put a stop to it immediately."

Chrystal doesn't identify the boyfriend ... but says she filed a report with the LA County Sheriff's Department "because legally he is an adult and if he wants to engage in adult behavior with a minor than [sic] he should also be ready to suffer adult consequences for his actions."

According to the incident report, Chrystal walked in on Ariel and the boyfriend in bed, in the guest room of her home ... on Sept. 24 at around 10pm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the Sheriff's Special Victims' Bureau does have an open investigation into Chrystal's allegations.

However, TMZ has learned ... Chrystal's report wasn't filed until 2 weeks after the alleged incident -- and 5 days AFTER she lost custody of Ariel.

TMZ broke the story ... the 14-year-old actress, who plays Alex Dunphy on 'MF', was removed from her mother's care by a judge in the wake of serious allegations of physical and emotional abuse.

Ariel's older sister, Shanelle, now has temporary guardianship of the actress.

Chrystal claims Shanelle only came "out of the woodwork once it was announced that the kids on the show got a big raise recently."

Mackenzie

In context, she spelled "anyway" wrong too...

harleyharlett

the newspapers reporting There’s also the sticky issue of the young actress’s earnings and estate, valued at approximately $500,000.

The mom is the one receiving her 14-year-old daughter’s checks from the “Modern Family” TV show, and is also in charge of her daughter’s estate earnings. By law, all child actors must have money set aside in a Coogan account which is to be saved for them until they reach adulthood. Crystal Workman has access to that account.

the mom isn't suppose to have access to that account what so ever - it's illegal - if there is any money left

ohboy

I told you morons. This is a typical little brat who could not have her way... you people are idiots for trusting a 14 year old girl's word over an adult.

PoppaB.

she just making it all up so she don't look like an abuser.....

ChuckA41

An 18 year old dating a 14 year old is not right, in my opinion.

Heynahhhh

What a bitch. What kind of mother would release a statement about their child alleging these things, true or not? That's emotionally abusive right there!

Theresa

You know I think I remember her mom from when I worked at Ralphs in La Crescenta. I felt really sorry for her husband. She so verbally abusive and a germ a phobic. She would freak out if you coughed......lol. Wish her husband would stand up to her but no back bone with him so I can only imagine what it was in the house!!

Theresa

adelle

Timing is all wrong...if she was that concerned why didn't she file a report the NEXT DAY? If I'm a parent who is really concerned about statutory rape, I don't wait 2 weeks to file a report. Secondly, the eldest daughter was taken from the home and placed in foster home for the EXACT SAME allegations....History doesn't lie...but it DOES have a way of repeating itself...and I think it has. This woman is has been abusive in the past and abusers are liars who wouldn't think twice about making up things and throwing their own children under the bus in order to try and cover up their abuse. I don't buy her story.

lebonne

I believe the mom.

StevenB

Crystal's charges might have some credibility if she had filed them when the event actually took place (according to her claims) and not weeks later. And if her other daughter wasn't also removed and never returned because of the same sort of abuse allegations against Crystal

DaveT

Both daughters were taken from the mom over the course of years, by two different judges...figure it out.

King Anton

A REAL MOTHER....that pervert should be in jail. Really? a 14 year old?

LeeLoo

Sounds like another lazy mom who is trying to exploit her kids and will stop at nothing to get into her kids' pocketbooks. If this report would have been filed the same day, I might be talking a different tune but the fact it was more than 2 weeks later and 5 days after she lost custody, it sounds like she is just trying to get back at her daughter.

Many times, when girls start going for these older guys it is a reflection upon their dysfunctional home life. It sounds to me like this mother inflicted abuse and tried to exploit her daughters and left her son alone, probably because at one point he was in fact the one child who could adequately make the family money. Parents who abuse and exploit their children like this should be ashamed of themselves.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Question is... where is the 32year old brother to kick the living daylights out of the18 year old DISNEY star's ass for trying to have sex with his 14 year old little sister?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments