Ukrainian Singer

Suing Over 'Call Me Maybe'

Carly Rae Stole My Song!

11/8/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1107_Aza_youtube
UKRAINE NOT WEAK ... Ukraine sue -- at least that's what one hot Ukrainian singer is doing, claiming Carly Rae Jepsen shamelessly stole her slutty Christmas song ... and turned it into "Call Me Maybe."

The singer -- who goes by Aza -- is filing the lawsut in L.A., claiming "Call Me Maybe" is a carbon copy of her song "Hunky Santa" ... which producers simply tweaked before adding Carly Rae Jepsen's voice.

According to the lawsuit -- to be filed today by Aza's lawyer Barry Rothman -- she's suing for unspecified damages ... but based on how insanely popular "Call Me Maybe" is, a ton of money's on the line.

Aza tells us, "I'm shocked and surprised that these people wanted to sample my lyrics on their song. They didn't ask me for permission, they just took it. That's why I filed this lawsuit. When I first heard it on the radio, I was driving and almost got into an accident. I couldn't believe what I was hearing."

As for how similar the songs REALLY are -- you be the judge.

Scooter Braun -- Justin Bieber's manager -- is also named in the suit.

Carly's rep tells TMZ, "This is completely false and [Carly's] lawyers will deal with this. Everyone knows [Carly] is a songwriter. She is not spending a lot of time listening to Ukrainian radio."

UKRAINE IS GAME TO YOU?!?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

finina

A dating club for black and white singles to have fun together! All singles here are seeking interracial dating or relationships. Interracial is not a problem here, but a great merit to cherish! {To InterracialCircle.COM= }Love me Love my color.And all singles are serious in find ideal matches here, if you are not serious one, don't join the site.

liquidbabydoll

Hunky Santa? for this she almost killed someone in her car?? crazy

NOT ELMO

Give This Tranny a Grammy-Award For This Song..................Yes!...............No!

Majestik

Um, how is this WHORE's song and video like Carly's? Sorry but I don't hear ANY similarities. Something stinks to high heaven, another EUROPEAN WHORE/SINGER trying to get press. Even WHEN it's proven in court she's an idiot most of the western hemisphere will have listened to her garbage. Her and TEEN BRIDE Courtney Stodden should get together, they sell the same image.

idk22

Yeah...no. Maybe the broad idea is the same, but the lyrics aren't.

Majestik

Are you FCUKIGN KIDDING WITH THE SPAM?

Reg

"Hunky Santa" LMFAO, Sounds like this bitch and Octoslut should get together.

Googie

AZA is delusional. That was a waste of my time listening to that. No how, no way is it anything like Call Me Maybe.

People Annoy Me

Please, using her logic, this song is a rip off of "Weather Girls - Its Raining Men" Makes no sense? Exactly.

manbearpig

they sound nothing alike. just absurd.

Truth

QUESTION, WHY DOES THIS GAY SCOOTER BRAUN CHARACTER LIKES TO REP UNTALENTED NON-SINGING JOKESTER CANADIANS LIKE BIEBER AND THIS TWEENER CARLY WHATEVER RAE JEPSEN?? BOTH CRAPTASTIC SING-TALKERS WHO COULDNT PASS ROUND #1 OF THE VOICE. UGH... YET TWEENERS WASTE THEIR ALLOWANCE BUYING THIS SH*T. #TRUTH!!

StoopidHead

Wow! It's uncanny! Both these songs sound nothing alike. I think she has a case.

just because

WHO CARES BOTH LAME CARLY JEPSEN IS OWNED BY JUSTIN BIEBER AND WAS MADE OFF OF CANADIAN IDOL

just because

I WILL NEVER BE A FAN OF REALITY SHOW POP STARS

just because

truly love Vino Alan's soul voice like cry baby movie though

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments