CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

WTF

OMG YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF. YOU SAY YOUR MOM TAUGHT YOU TO BE KIND BUT YOUR TRASHING SOMEONE ON TV!!!!

dapedo

he looks like the help to me

weird al yankovich

" my Mom always taught me to be nice to people"

hmmmmmmm

and this is what you're doing ?
The man shakes your hand and just because he didn't stop and blow you , you have to try and call him out and of course PLAY THE RACE CARD?

Im so glad this BACKFIRED on you because you deserve it, and if you're in denial just check out the poll on front page you ass ............
even though egos like yours will most likely be blinded to that .

Get a real life Don ( by the way I didn't even know who you were until today)

Joe Smith

Jonah (over the) Hill is probably homophobic as well because he recognized Don Lemon as that gay black journalist. Hill is known to be arrogant. One can remember how he viciously put down Matthew Morrison from Glee in a story he told Jimmy Fallon when he was a guest. Hill said then that Morrison told a joke at his expense which had no malicious intent on Morrison's part. Hill clearly has some self esteem issues that he takes out on other people. Most likely from gaining back all that weight he lost.

raven

I do not watch CNN on the weekend because of this clown. He is sooo full of himself. CNN needs to let this guy go. Also Fredricka...Don is all about himself. You can see for yourselves, listen to him. ugh for him to make such a thing out of this incounter is typical.

Dee

I've seen that guy on CNN but wouldn't recognize him outside of the studio.

As a black woman, this is so embarassing. #1, this newsreporter speaks as if it's okay for the "help" to be mistreated. #2 that he uses the race card as an excuse for his major bruised ego. Jonah was right...you waited for him outside of a bathroom. He was polite enough to shake your hand. What else do you expect? And what were you doing waiting outside of a bathroom? Especially someone you claim to not know. You're a grown man behaving like some 10-year old female Justin Bieber groupie!! Fame or no fame, if a grown man was waiting for me outside of a hotel bathroom, I'd attempt to knock his lights out and call security! Shame on you Don (last name ??)

Hell, I am a huge fan of President Obama and Justin Timberlake (yes, I know, kind of random) but it would be a cold day in hell before I wait outside of a bathroom to shake either of their hands or ANYONE's hand for that matter. How pathetic and disgusting. Don...bet you wish you had just kept your mouth shut now, don't you?

me

Hey... D-bag... guess what, SOMETIMES celebrities have places to go and things to do. They can't always engage every weirdo who hangs around outside of men's restrooms waiting for them to come out. That wet handshake? He thought you were creepy. Get over yourself....

Seldombinlaid

Who is this fruity little creep? If you have to blow your own horn in life, you won't get very far.

Seldombinlaid

Who is this little Don chick. I've never seen her on anything. Boy, Jonah Hill owned his ass when he fired back. Now, that dude is funny.

wtf?

This story makes me so happy. Good for every single white person who voted for Obama b/c you thought "it's the right thing to do." Or, "he's cool." Bahahah. Black people still hate you. Dumb a/s/skissers. Don Lemon is the worst to deal with...black AND gay. He expects everyone to kiss is a/s/s.

R. Stephens

Ammending previous comment. If Jonah did think Lemon was the help, might it have been because he was dresses like a concierge thereby making it potentially class discrimination and not racial? Even Lemon never claimed it had to do with his being black; you did. If this is true, you and only you played the race card. Check yourself before you reck yourself. Peace.

Tessa

Another ******* trying to play the race card. Yet, insults all those who work as the "help". What is with these news people thinking they are stars? No one will remember this dude.

R. Stephens

Mr. Lemon, some friendly advice; read "The Four Agreements." It teaches us that other people may react in an offensive or dismissive manner but it probably has nothing to do with you. Who knows what is on thier minds or what they are going through...You have to understand the universe does not revolve around any of us and it is arrogant to presume it does. Read and you will understand. Take care.

BSname

So let me get this straight Don. You feel that you should be treated better than “The Help”. “The Help” should be treated more shabbily then the CNN Anchor. Nice class system you've got there. You tried to play the race card and it backfired on your class conscious ass.

Geeg

Guess you had to be there. Possibly Jonah Hill didn't really know who Don Lemon is? I can't recall what Jonah Hill looks like...some people are into news and others into music?