CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

AC

I have seen reviews with Hill and he always seems stand offish. That is just how he feels. The fact that Don Lemon makes the whole ordeal about race is so messed up. I'm sick of white people getting accused of BS. I could go on but I'll save the tissues for latter.

Olivia

I have met Jonah Hill at a store I was working at in NY and I can personally say he is one of the nicest people to come in. Not even nicest celeb, one of the nicest people period. This other guy is just an idiot.

Big Headed Tom

It's funny, this guy doesn't know Jonah's name AND feels like he treated him like the help...in other words, the help are "substandard" to even Don...notice how he says "I looked at the bellman" translation "I looked at the bellman and said 'he thinks I'm a nobody like you are.'" Okay Don, now you've gotten some coverage and some people know who you are. Happy?

Truth

TOTAL DRAMA QUEEN. STOP ACTING ALL WHINY, WHAT A LITTLE BITCH... MOST PEOPLE WOULDNT EVEN LOOK HIM IN THE EYE. DUDE IS LUCKY HE GOT A HANDSHAKE. WHY IS IT THESE WHINY BLACK DRAMA QUEENS ALWAYS USE THE RACE CARD (AKA "THE HELP") WHEN THEY CAN'T GET THEIR WAY? #TRUTH!!

LuvLeeRita

Some African-Americans use the race card so irresponsibly. He wasn't treating this Don guy like "the help" he was in a hurry. He had wet hands, so clearly he was in a hurry to get some where. He said hi and shook his hand what more did Don want? Maybe Jonah Hill should have kissed his butt? Jonah owes him no apology. I don't hear Latino's complaining about the race thing nearly as much as Aftrican-American's do. If you disrespect them in any way they throw the race card at you. What if it has nothing to do with race but merely a personality issue. Don was expecting one thing and didn't get it so now it's a race thing. I'm tired of this whole race whining. Don is being a cry baby, he needs to get over it.

casey

Not a big Deal Don.....Move on buddy..your making a mountain out out of molehill

laughable

Shades46

Somebody has a crush on somebody...

LISA

Although this story is good for a laugh, I am pretty disappointed with CNN. Twitter it up all you want, call In-Touch and TMZ, but don't air your silly 'office water cooler talk' on national TV.

I bet this guy gets disciplined or even fired. I can't imagine turning on CNN and seeing THAT. Let the complaints to CNN begin ...

Steve58

As a journalist and I use the term loosely. You ARE the help. You are there to keep us entertained. If actors and celebrities do not wish to grant you your wish for an interview or even talk to you at all that is their choice. Now shut up!

TB

What a drama queen! is he trying to suggest the race card?

LuvLeeRita

Really? Then get over it Donny because mother would be very disappointed in you now!

nate

What a bitch. Wow.

JB

So is Don, who happens to be gay (Don thru sexual abuse SO is he born that way? if so did he ask for male on male abuse since he was already born that way or was he MADE that way becuse his first experience got his brain confused....thats another day....) and like Rosie who all claim to carry the tolerant card and claim everyone else isn't as tolerant as the gay crowd, are SO hateful and intolerant of others.

is Don saying the "help" are low lifes? That its demeaning to be called help? So exactly just what he's claiming Jonah did to him he's doing to the "help". What a queer loser. Gonna throw his bitch tantrum because someone didn't bow down to him. I don't watch CNN anyway - they got their biased win and have nobama back. They can live with what they get.

zombie

In any situation, Hill is always the bigger dbag, just because he is Jonah Hill.

dennis

When the news becomes the news its not good.