CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Kelly

SNL should portray Lemon doing red carpet interviews outside the toilet room and getting snubbed by all except George Michael!

frankie805

This Don guy sounds like a disgruntled fan that is mad because he did not get an autograph from his favorite actor.

rsmik

So It's ok to ignore the help, but it's not ok to ignore some guy who thinks he is more important than the help

some guy

Hate to be the one to break it to them, but the world doesn't revolve around their inflated egos. They could die tomorrow and nothing would be different..

TheTruth

News people want to be considered celebrities. Pathetic.

Mike V

I don't care for either one of them. Jonah hill is known privately for not liking his fans. I've seen this same rude jonah hill numerous times acting like this, only difference he offered a hand shake this time. jonah learn to be nice to people.

KnuckleDragger

Don, you work for other people...you ARE the help.

karen

Maybe Don needs to realize that not everyone in the world knows who he is? I wouldn't know who he is, because I don't watch CNN. I never heard of him until this story.
Way off base on this one, Don.

bigred

Don needs to grow the F up. No respect for those who constantly pull the race card.

Michael

So if I'm reading this correctly (and someone please tell me if I'm mistaken) Mr. Lemon saw Jonah Hill and went up to him to say hi and get a handshake even though he didn't know who he was until the bellman told Mr. Lemon who Jonah Hill was? Was he a fan but didn't recognize Mr. Hill due to the weight loss he's recently had? And when was Mr. Lemon clued in to who Mr. Hill was? Before or after the meeting and less-than-thrilling shaking of hands that left Mr. Lemon so obviously traumatized?

lynn

You must be joking. Don Lemon, we are ALL the help. Nobody deserves any more than anyone else. You are a stranger. Why should anyone owe you anything? Didn't your mother also teach you to not talk to strangers?? You received courtesy, MOVE ON.

jackie

clearly he already said sorry in his tweet.. and so what get over yourself.. he is a busy guy and doesnt have time to sit and have a conversation with you.. wah

PPC

I watch CNN and don't know who this guy is. What a baby! Have some integrity like other "anchors" and get over it. Seems like he has fame envy and is trying to get in the news or TMZ.

lynn

aaron

Stop crying....Keep reading the teleprompter and give us some news.