Jamie Foxx Sued

I Busted My Ass on Your

Sidewalk ... NOW PAY

11/9/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1107-jamie-foxx-tmz
Jamie Foxx
's sidewalk is a death trap in the making -- at least according to a woman who says she took a nasty spill on Jamie's pavement ... and it's all the actor's fault.

A woman named Catherine Jones filed the lawsuit against Jamie in L.A. County Superior Court -- claiming she attended a party at his house last year ... and fell head over heels on the sidewalk, seriously injuring herself.

Catherine says the sidewalk was negligently maintained by Foxx ... and that's the reason she busted her ass.

She's now suing for hospital expenses and other damages -- a sum totaling at least $10,000.

Calls to Jamie's camp were not returned.

VictoriaGirl

So in other words, this chick was drunk off her a$$$ and fell on the sidewalk and is now looking for money. How does she think she has a case? The sidewalk outside of someones house doesnt belong to the homeowner. If there are issues with cracks or something its the city's responsibility to fix it, not the homeowners. I tripped and fell on a sidewalk last week and Im not suing anyone.

Amalia

Wow because she was most likely drunk and couldn't walk in her heels she busted her ass and is suing lol I think ill go bust my ass and sue whoever I think I can get payed from , sounds like that to me.

Gretel

I guess she couldn't get pregnant by him so she went with Plan B.

Phebes

I would be suspicious if she was suing in the millions of dollars, but she is suing for such a small amount that it seems reasonable to me if she actually did fall (and wasn't drunk) due to a poorly maintained sidewalk.

rrr999

Hey, too bad Foxx. You voted for Obama. Pay your fair share and give some money to the poor.

Stacy Stowe

Lawsuit happy people, anything to get a little payday....maybe next time you will stay upright if you are not trying to walk around in stiletto's drunk?

Stacy Stowe

Lawsuit happy people, need to get paid after all! Maybe next time she might be able to stay upright if she is not trying to walk in stiletto's while she is sloshed!

sscarzz

Drug test her and it'll show it is her own fault.

Stacy Stowe

I fell on my butt 2 times within 5 feet of walking through a parking lot because the ice was not cleared before the business opened. It was a huge, national chain, I could've cashed in, but I didn't because I was EMBARRASSED, and trying to hide my big waddling, 8 months pregnant rear-end!

fox

Ive been to Jamies crib for a party and I will say Foxx is a cool but I remember not being able to get out of the bathroom due to the handle being broken it was funny as hell but it happened. I would never sue someone for allowing them into their home typical broke chick tryna come up in la sad and pathetic.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2