Sesame Street Accuser

RECANTS

Underage Sex Allegations

11/13/2012 2:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1113_kevin_clash_elmo_article_2
The man who claims he had a sexual relationship with Kevin Clash -- the voice of Elmo -- is RECANTING his story ... claiming he WAS an adult during their relationship after all.

The accuser's lawyer just released a statement saying, "[The accuser] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship. [The accuser] will have no further comment."

It's unclear why the accuser suddenly changed his story ... but sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... the accuser's attorney had been meeting with Clash's attorney as recent as an hour ago, discussing a financial settlement and 6-figures were on the table.

We broke the story, the accuser claimed he had a sexual relationship with Kevin beginning when he was 16 and Kevin was 45.

Clash has also released a statement saying, "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."

1113_kevin_clash_footer

Gary

KMZ shoud really know all the facts before saying he made a payoff...remember this is the same site that gushes over the Krapdashians...KMZ has no credibility!

nonamegirl

"Officials at Sesame Workshop said that they thoroughly investigated the accusation, using outside investigators, over several months and believe it to be false, noting that the accuser did not produce any evidence. Mr. Clash’s leave was granted Sunday after it became clear that the Web site TMZ was planning to run an article. "
You had a role in this TMZ - he hadn't produced any evidence and "you broke the story" and then the guy recants, meanwhile it's too late, Mr. Clash's reputation is ruined. Way to go.

Doug

Mr. wad of cash makes another problem go away

fargone

I wonder what Elmo thinks about all this fuss?

Abe

He paid off the accuser, people. Just like Michael Jackson did. Guarantee TMZ will be reporting more molestations from Clash soon.

Truth

MONEY TALKS, BULLSH*T WALKS... AND SO DO A 51 YR OLD PEDO BLACK DUDE AND LEGAL AGE BOYTOYS WHO PRETEND TO BE A UNDERAGE TO COLLECT A TON OF BENJAMINS. #TRUTH!!

Tyler Fawkes

I'm glad Kevin was able to clear his name. I agree with others he should sue the accuser for defamation, slander or whatever else he can make stick. I think it's great that it turns out you don't " F*" with Elmo! To all the haters on here, I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry your misguided conservative parents sent you away to be brainwashed in a private school or worse home schooled you while forbidding you to watch Sesame Street. If you had gone to public school and watched Elmo every day when you got home like the rest of us, you wouldn't be so ignorant and would have learned respect and tolerance for others. How very sad your life must be. Maybe private schools should be outlawed and home schooling punishable by death?

daisy

this young man seems disturbed or vengeful - if there were any evidence the police would be taking this up and they aren't. Lots of straight people pay some settlement to their ex, especially if the root of the accusations is that they're in financial difficulty - so we shouldn't read too much into it if Clash did pay something. It's so easy to ruin someone's reputation that they've taken decades to build - hopefully this is the end of it.

Bclyde

**** this guy, and **** TMZ for reporting it in the first place without the evidence to back it up. I hope Kevin Clash sues you pricks until you don't have a pot to piss in!

RoadRig

KING DOLLAR at work yall....

A

TMZ: Thanks for ruining the reputation of an innocent man. Go **** yourselves.

gilberto moraes

Sou Brasileiro, por isso vou escrever em português, achei muito infeliz este site(programa TMZ), ironizar a favela brasileira com a visita da lady gaga, comentários como estes nos deixam muitos tristes, pois fiquem sabendo que aqui no Brasil, todos ficaram muitos tristes com o furacão Sandy. Que Deus Ilumine a todos Vocês!

ant

I KNOW THis kid is lying. hate to say this guy hit me up on a gay website site and told me look up this name bc he couldnt put up a dick on this gay website. so i lookedit up and it turns out to be elmo so am lik wtf ur a fake y would elmo be hiting me up. but kevin asked how old i was since i do look younger than my age and when i siad my ago he went ago (i was 17 n in nyc its ok for 17yr to ok to sex). kevin is very careful not to **** with anyone underage bc of his job ..

anonymous

definitely paid.

TJ

You can't unring that bell. I doubt this guy will ever go back to the show.