Voice of Elmo Kevin Clash

Resigns

from Sesame Street

11/20/2012 10:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1120-elmo-kevin-clash-gettyKevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, has resigned from Sesame Street ... in the immediate wake of a new lawsuit accusing him of having sex with an underage boy -- the second such allegation in 2 weeks.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash is being sued by Cecil Singleton, who claims he met Kevin in a gay phone chat back in '93 ... when he was 15 and Clash was 32.

Sesame Workshop says, "Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street."

Sesame Workshop had previously told TMZ, "Elmo is bigger than any one person." That was in response to the initial underage sex accusation from Sheldon Stephens.

As TMZ previously reported ... Stephens signed a $125,000 settlement with Clash, but has since expressed regret over signing the deal which required him to recant his claim.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Told you

tinkerbell5481

I honestly don't believe it. I think this is just a money grab... If it is true, then he is getting the shame that he should. However if not, then what a sad day and I feel so sorry for him. Why now? Why after ALL those years are they coming forth now?!?! Stupid.

Ginger

My son does the Elmo voice perfectly. Are they look to hire a replacement?

me

My question is the the parents of the 2 accusers. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO SEE A MUCH OLDER MAN????? The first kid was 16 when he claims that kevin had sex and now this one was 15 and met on a gay phone line... I'm sorry but don't you need to be 18 to go on thoes lines? Where were their parents in all of this?? Bad parenting, and wrong judgement for kevin

Elmo wanted me to tickle him

Is everyone at Sesame Workshop child molesters? Now we know why Elmo wants to be tickled by little boys. Sesame Street should have to post "Warning Signs saying Possible Child Sexual Abuse".

nature30

conspiracy their setting him up,

Spencer B in MD

The Sesame Street characters make between $300,000 and $450,000 per year in salary.

“The Sesame Workshop reported losses of more than $10.8 million in 2011”

Guess how much Pakistan is paying PBS to run Sesame Street in Pakistan? $10 Million? $20 Million? WRONG! THE U.S. is PAYING PAKISTAN $20 MILLION FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF RUNNING SESAME STREET IN PAKISTAN!

WASTE WASTE WASTE!!!

Rebecca

This is just sad. True or not this man's life is ruin because of greed. smh

may28

So you are telling me almost 20 years larer he is now suffering???/ please he just found out Mr.Clash was paying out, so now here's another leech with their hand out. List liar pants on fire!!!!

NOT ELMO

who's next on your sex list, Bieber perhaps...

ted

Elmo the pedo.

Truth

Innocent people don't resign.

MADE MAN

Confusing bc if it's not true why would he resign? I don't know or care if he did it or not but my thing is why would you let the next man f*ck with your income??? I say as long as he's not teach homosexuality to viewers why even state the fact that he's the voice of Elmo? An accusation such as this should never interfere with a man's work especially if its not in interference with his job performance.

Me

So Elmo is a ***, and a *** who is really a pedofile. What a suprise.

Bloomcounty.USA

That sucks ... if it's true, wondering if he used that stupid voice to seduce these under aged guys, and if so what's that say about their own sexual habits. I don't know about you, but having Elmo in bed with me isn't exactly a fantasy that I'd want to have. Ya know, it'd totally ruin the "sweet nothings" whispered in the ear and all that. Sorry, I know it's a serious subject, but that's what came to mind. : /