Carol Burnett Sued

FROM THE GRAVE ...

Over Home Video Deal

11/21/2012 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1121_carol_burnett_article_gettyFor once, someone's NOT laughing at "The Carol Burnett Show" -- namely the guy who helped create the TV classic, and is now suing over a home video deal, but the catch is ... HE'S DEAD.

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in LA County Superior Court by Bob Banner's production company ... and according to the docs Bob had a partnership to co-produce the show with Carol from 1967 to 1972.

Bob died in 2011 from Parkinson's disease ... but according to the lawsuit Burnett and Time Life struck a home video distribution deal in the summer of 2012. The suit alleges Bob  -- or rather, his company -- was cut out of the profits from that deal.

Banner's company is demanding a full accounting of all profits earned from the 'Carol Burnett Show' -- including the home video deal ... and, of course, wants its cut.

We reached out to Carol's people, but haven't heard back.

PJ in Texas

Got Ginger?

MADE MAN

I loved her in mama's family

News Flash

Leave Carol Burnett the fu@k alone! She is Royalty!

Cheetara

Her show was so funny. It was one of the few shows that my family actually sat down together and watched. There are so many shows that I watched as a child, but cannot watch as an adult (for ex Three's Company) If The Carol Burnett Show came on today I could watch it and laugh just as hard as I did back then.

jenny ruby

if m left me property, then you got 30 days to get the **** out, its all over, This entire charade of ****
is done. You will learn not to attack the only person who stood by your side.
I want everyone cleared the **** out of every ****ing home. your done.
its all going to charity.
im not keeping your ****ing secrets
there is reason why m left it to me he didnt want u to have it
so get the **** out.

sezier

Comedienne Carol Burnett Sued In Dispute Over Copyright And Tv Show Revenue, Law Suit Do***ent Here http://tiny.cc/Carol-Burnett-Sued

jaythepirate

I reached out to Carol but no reply. Carol if you see this wiggle your left ear. Not to hard tho, it may fall off

jaythepirate

If we have to pay family's for work.there dead relatives did then shouldnt all ancestors of slaves still get kickbacks from rebel flag sales? I said it first if you file Harvey cut me in its only fair.

jaythepirate

Jay W.

Question #1 Does Banner's company retain royalties going back 40 + years for said intellectual property? The docu's. state "partnership."

Question #2 Can Carol still do the Tarzan cry?

just because

on the real.........why do harvey and charles hate each other....it is like a married couple fighting over their favorite child...it makes me feel tense when harvey and charles argue because they are so serious, yet harvey gets more mad like jeff lewis and charles is jenny pulos..........

arcie

I have always felt Carol and company were the greatest comedy team in my life time,It seems no one of them were any better then the other.the way that they laughed at each other showed me that thier comedy was ginuine.I would hate to think the girl would do anything underhanded.Just doesen,t become her.

Paul

Oh for God's sake! The man is dead. These people are going after a mans would be money but he's dead. How was Carol or anyone for that matter to pay a dead man? What utter nonsense. I hope the judge throws this out of court. It is obviously a laughable case.(no pun intended)

CJ

Is Carol still alive?

TOMMY KELCH

How does a dead man sign the legal papers necessary to sue ????

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments