« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sam Elliott

I'm HONORED Aaron Rodgers Loves My 'Stache

11/22/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

112212_sam_elliott_launch
Sam Elliott
couldn't believe it -- that Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers called his iconic moustache the GREATEST OF ALL TIME ... because there's one other actor who gives Sam's whiskers a run for their money.

Sam was out in Malibu yesterday when we told him the story -- that Aaron Rodgers put Sam Elliott's facial fuzz at the top of his list for all-time greatest 'staches ... during an interview with Jim Rome.

Sam was dumbfounded, telling TMZ, "NO WAY! You're bullsh*tting me."

As for who Sam thinks might also be a contender in Hollywood's best moustache contest -- you gotta watch the clip.

And speaking of contenders -- Sam says the last time he ever had to shave his lip warmer was for a movie called "The Contender" in 2000. AND LET IT NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

1122_thecontender_article_getty
Shudder.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ray

Sam's the man!, haven't shaved my lip since 1970, and current beard goes back to 1979

Nicki

The older Sam gets the better looking he gets. He's like wine gets better with age. :)

♥TMZ but ...

omg he has gone from a hunk to lookin like a street person

Mesadabree

Sam Elliot is YUMMY!! Like a Chanel Suit he will always be in style!!! Made a hot (_|_) looking biker in Mask!

Mesadabree

Oh I forgot.... GO PACKERS!!!

Meanie

He and Mark Harmon.... MEOW :)

Lovejac23

OMGOSH! THANK YOU TMZ for finally putting TRUE CLASS on your site! I love you Sam!!! <3

Chuck D of Valpo

Looking for old photos when I last shaved mine for an OSHA mask seal test. Since I am retired, I won't ever have to shave mine again. My girlfriend thinks it was about 2003 or 2004.

awesomewave

"Do you have to use so many cuss words?"

TJ

Can't believe he is 68 years old & s wife, Katherine Ross is 72 years old! She was in the "Graduate", with
Dustin Hoffmann. Wonder what they do with their time,as it appears they are both retired.

amymarie

I love Sam Elliott!!!

TJ

According to People magazine 3/11/ 2011, Cleo Rose Elliott, then age 26, repeatedly stabbed her mother,Katherine Ross with a scissors & had a restraining order isssued against her! I wonder if they got psychiatric help for her? Children of celebrities?

tellmeaboutit

Gorgeous then, gorgeous now and such a sexy guy too, including his moustache. All that sex appeal and he has a long lasting marriage too. Can't beat that, and what a voice! Love ya, Sam!!

Wash. Hts. Girl

What class! He is just adorable (and funny) and so sexy for his age.

Spicy mag

The Contender is a great movie and he's great in it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments