Angus T. Jones

TRASHES 'Two and a Half Men'

It's Ungodly FILTH

11/26/2012 10:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112612_angus
Angus T. Jones
is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

19-year-old Jones -- who makes $300k AN EPISODE playing Jake on the show -- is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church ... in which he talks about his commitment to his faith and explains, "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.'"

"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television and especially with what you watch on television ... it's bad news."

Jones also suggests that Satan is somehow involved with "Two and a Half Men."

He continues, "If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the bible says and being on that television show."

Angus says he turned to religion after realizing his life was on a "downward trend" -- which included drug use and speeding tickets.

In fact, Angus says he was dropping acid and smoking weed while he was in high school.

Sam

What is keeping him from quitting if he feels that way?! He is definitely a damn fool if he decides to quit when he is making that kind of money!

Grannielaine

Poor kid! I always thought he would be a victim of 3 and a Half! I quit watching the show after a couple of episodes. It is good to know he is rising above it.

Ralph

Sorry, I stopprd watching shortly after Charlie left. Watched a few episodes of the new show. Just wasn't what I enjoyed.

IVANIVONVICH

If he is having so much issues with the show he is doing, then he should quit ! And perhaps he should give all of his earned income from the show to a charity to "assuage his sinful thoughts", but somehow I don't think either of these will happen.

dave

fire his young butt.

Camila

I agree with him, everybody should stop watching 2 and a half men, the show SUCKS without charlie.

Sheri

This isn't a person who has always claimed to be with God and there isn't a person on earth who couldn't make the same choice as Angus. Furthermore, why is it that if Angus has given his life to God and Angus expresses the dangers he has seen in the entertainment industry, that he just must have joined a cult? Really? That's a ridiculous accusation. Also, the fact that Angus has been on this show for years is irrelevant and does nothing to support the accusations of hypocrisy. A person can sin their entire life and in one second give their life to God but that one second changes everything. While the majority of people are busily bashing him, calling him a hypocrite, saying he's enjoying all of the money he's making and that if he wanted to leave, he could; I wonder if anyone has considered he's likely locked in a contract with the network and therefore, he can't just leave but they could let him go. Maybe that is his goal and if so, good for him. Who is anyone else to judge what Angus is saying unless someone on here is God.

Nicarol

I bet he will get canned over this, but good for him for overcoming the fear of losing a very lucrative paycheck in lieu of standing up for his beliefs. He literally grew up on the show, and probably has no idea what else he is capable of, so I hope his courage is rewarded. And for what it's worth, the show sucks.

Harley

Fire Angus now.. No reason to give him a platform to spout his nonsense. People out of work and hungry. Why doesn't he use his ill gotten gains to save some lives instead of whining?

Alice

then why does he still work there? oh, I forgot, the money must be pretty good... otherwise he would've already quit the job instead only quitting drugs and the speeding tickets

jen

Finally! A person who puts conviction over money. Proud of him!

karie

I bet when this little **** runs out of money, He will beg to be on any T.V. show.........Hollywood kids think that their wealth and work will last forever.......He is a stupid ass.

Martin D

So let's see--he is going to give the millions he has made back to the producers or has he already given it to the church? And, of course, he will refuse all residuals of 'dirty' money from repeats--does that sound right? LOL

Jo

While you are all claiming that he will be giving up so much money and fame and women because he found Christ, may the Lord have mercy on your soul, all that crap is temporal, sure most of you don't believe in God but when you die and have to stand before him, YOU will be the one regretting not accepting him into your heart. Christianity IS NOT a cult, just most of the corrupt world of today is so accustomed to complete filth they see anything normal and decent as a cult, a nut, a crazy. This world is so completely screwed up it amazes me that I had to search through pages just to find one person agreeing with what this young man has stated. Money and sex still has most of Hollywood completely unhappy, in divorce, suicide, etc...the temporal things of this world will not make you happy and only a person that truly knows Christ and has him in their heart would know the true peace you have with him. And by the way, the ones mentioning Kirk Cameron, last I checked he was making several movies, highly successful, and in a committed marriage for many many years with awesome children, oh yeah, he seems so horribly bad off. God, I pray for this world....

Marc

Here's a novel idea that may have escaped you, Angus...If your day job conflicts with your religious beliefs....quit the show and walk away...nothing is stopping you....OR, maybe your convictions are not strong enough to walk away from $350,000----AN EPISODE??????

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments