Angus T. Jones

TRASHES 'Two and a Half Men'

It's Ungodly FILTH

11/26/2012 10:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112612_angus
Angus T. Jones
is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

19-year-old Jones -- who makes $300k AN EPISODE playing Jake on the show -- is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church ... in which he talks about his commitment to his faith and explains, "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.'"

"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television and especially with what you watch on television ... it's bad news."

Jones also suggests that Satan is somehow involved with "Two and a Half Men."

He continues, "If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the bible says and being on that television show."

Angus says he turned to religion after realizing his life was on a "downward trend" -- which included drug use and speeding tickets.

In fact, Angus says he was dropping acid and smoking weed while he was in high school.

wisey

If tv is so beneath you Angus how about stop being a hypocrite and let some other eager actor take your spot. You know..one who will actually appreciate the opportunity. Best part is there is a video on youtube of him getting in a $70k audi. Clearly hes ok with spending the filthy Godless money.

anony

Dear Chuck Lorre,
Welcome to Charlie Sheen II.
Signed,
Fate

Shorekitten

What an hypocritical ass! Love these 'born again' religious fanatics. 'Give me the $, but I don't approve of the show', give me a break.

kara

Anyone can change their views for the better. Why are people trashed for that? Kuddos to him for making a stand among those who won't think it's the "popular" thing to say. Amazing how people are applauded for coming out of a more conservative family and talking inappropriately..(ahem.. Katy Perry) when it's the other way around, automatic "cult" insinuations? Wow. Good for him! Make a stand, Angus. That makes you stronger than the followers out there. God Bless You.

Chuck

I am not religous, but Angus is correct. I got a bit uncomfortable with the show and have stopped watching.

Danielle123

LMAO. He doesn't have a problem when his check rolls in though. Give me a break. If you don't want to be on it that bad, then quit. These religious freaks have found someone new to pounce on. Don't worry though, he'll be broke within a year and wishing he hadn't made these statements. I mean do the producers really want an actor who is advertising people to NOT watch the show? Either he quits or he'll be cut. Doesn't really matter, the show sucks without Sheen regardless.

Tracey

I guess his parents don't have the same values- whoring him out like that to 2.5 Men. Can't he just quit? He will be kicking himself in the ass in 5 years.

Linda

Ok so let me get this straight. He is highly in to his faith but curses what he himself does for a living?

It drives me nuts when so-called celebrities complain about their chosen profession. Like the chick on Lost complained about living in Hawaii and all attention.

In a word. Quit. Go live a nice quiet god fearing life and give someone else the opportunity to do your job. And donat ALL of your money to the church.

Mick Kahler

Then I'm guessing Angus will have no problem sending every dime he ever made from that evil show to a fine Christian charity or two.

Julie

Geez, he's boring. Who has time to listen to that whole thing.

bubbaness

I love the smell of hypocrisy in my sitcoms.

troyellerbroek

this kid needs some help

Paul B.

Fire him. If he is not going to support the show he is on then get rid of him. It worked with Charlie Sheen, it can work for this guy. Release him so he can live out his days in his religious fantasy world. He and his parents knew exactly what type of show Two and a half Men was. I can't stand these self-righteous people.

wess