Nate Dogg's Wife

Throws In the Towel

on Nasty Estate Battle

11/26/2012 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1125-nate-dogg-getty-1Nate Dogg's kids are jumping for joy -- all because their stepmom and grandmother called it quits on their highly contested battle to control the late rapper's estate ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Dogg didn't leave a will when he passed, so his wife LaToya Calvin took charge of his estate and then filed docs in August asking Nate's mom, Ruth Homes, be appointed as her co-administrator.

The move didn't sit well with Nate's kids, who were royally pissed. They believed the women were only in it for selfish, money-grubbing reasons and had no intention of dividing the goods fairly.

According to court docs, LaToya withdrew her petition for control earlier this month, and her lawyer tells TMZ, "Nate's children wanted a 'professional administration' and Ruth and LaToya decided to withdraw to avoid conflict with the children."

Sources close to Nate's kids tell us they are "ecstatic."

As for who's in charge of the estate now ... it's TBD.

EggsOverEasy

It does not seem that strange that the dudes wife and mother would want to be in control of the estate.. I think an agreement was reached behind closed doors so that everyone felt equally represented, the first part of which was a (hopefully) unbiased third party acting as administrator to the estate. Whats the real news here?

Me

"ecstatic" to inherit from their dead father? I would not be for sure, whatever the figure...

Otherwise congrats to TMZ for doing nothing serious to prevent the ridiculous scams spamming in your comments, again I would fire the web developers for not fixing that recurring crap with simple available countermeasures...

spokenword

Ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.

Trolllalalala

It's normal for the widow to be an executor. Greedy kids sounds lije it. N who was this?

Bill Leslie

why are the kids "ecstatic" - a) their father is still dead b) with 6 kids and what TMZ previously reported was a pitiful small estate of $200K they ain't going to hardly be getting Christmas money after all the taxes (minimal) and fees (court/attorney) are paid -- could they be that desperately poor? Thug life values != taking care of your children.

johncowell

as Adam implied I'm shocked that you able to earn $7328 in one month on the internet. did you look at this page cloud68 . c o m

johncowell

Phreaky

This is the one whose family begged the public to pay for his funeral, right?
No sympathy. If I remember right, I think Snoop Dogg paid most of his funeral bill. So... if he's got an "estate" worth fighting over, why was the family begging for money?

cpeutz

If that is a pic of ur D*** u should change ur name to toddlerpenis AAAAHAHAHAHA

Bri

So sad when folks died without there affairs in order it tears the family apart death and Money ...

KicksandGiggles

Typical.

My_Mind_Speaks

This reminds me that I should get my affairs in order... Though doing that makes you realize that death is inevitable...To us all...

jewels1678

I met him in a nightclub in San Jose playing pool he was a really nice man rip

Nashota