Angus T. Jones

I'm Sorry If ...

11/27/2012 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_agus_jones_getty

Angus T. Jones has just issued a statement ... sorta, kinda apologizing for biting the hand that feeds him when he went off on "Two and a Half Men."

In his statement, Jones praises the honchos behind the sitcom ... saying, "Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them."

He goes on, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

As we previously reported, Jones appeared in a video with a man he considered a spiritual adviser and blasted "Men" ... calling the show "filth" and urging people not to watch it.

Here's Angus' statement in full:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.

While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

1128_angus_t_jones_through_the_years_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TrixLaRue

I hope this young man has honest and true people around him that will help guide him through this. It feels like he is on a slippery cliff and someone needs to grab him by the collar.

Whizdom

In other words...Im not going to address my new cult-ish view on life, but my new church already has plans for my 350k per episode so I kinda need my job....

Paul

Here's what really happened.

"I want off 2 & a Half Men.... what? 8.5 million a year is a lot of money you say? After this show ends I'll probably fade into the sunset like every other child star? Ummm...... sorry, please dont fire me...."

MADE MAN

Really????????

crojasr

he never intended that?? lol.... "yeah, the show you created sucks and I don't like being a part of it... no offense"

ria

Don't back down kid. God used you to shed lights on the wicked entertainment industry. The shield of The Lord will guide and protect you. God wins at the end, remember that everyone.

STEVE

Typical Hypo Critical Two Faced Self Absorbed Bible Thumper Born Again Crap! He's an idiot!

Kevin

In any other business, an employee would be fired for saying the things Angus did about his work. Surely his position on the show is untenable?

Carl

Seems like somebody just realized that most jobs don't pay $350k per YEAR much less per WEEK. He might be regretting jumping off that gravy train.

FresnoBullpup

Why does embracing spirituality and standing up for what you believe make you a cult-ish nutcase? Good for him. He was a minor when his contracts were signed, and he's come to terms with embracing new beliefs. He's right, the show is ungodly filth, good for him for standing up for it. (I know I'm going to get tons of "hate" for this, but he should be allowed to believe what he wants - without being judged like so many others will now accuse him of doing)

JB

Dude, scrap any future show business plans & pursue a political career. You'll make a great congressman.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Reads like a "Dear John" letter. Hope he doesn't get sucked under with that wackjob guru. Poor John Cryer. He's with his therapist somewhere going "F**K! Can't I get on a NORMAL f***ing show with NORMAL f***ing actors? Why do I always have to get sh*t on? F**K!"

mandii~sue

Hopefully he got a reality check.. If they got rid of Charlie Sheen why wouldn't they kill off you too?

BIG VIC

YOU LIL DUMB FK, making 8mil a year you entitled lil punk no thanx to them you prob wont have to work for the rest of your life that's if the church don't take u to the cleaners #chump

latestdiets.net

in a related note, Mr. Jones came out of the closet and got some much deserved man protein to help keep his mind focused.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments