Angus T. Jones

I'm Sorry If ...

11/27/2012 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_agus_jones_getty

Angus T. Jones has just issued a statement ... sorta, kinda apologizing for biting the hand that feeds him when he went off on "Two and a Half Men."

In his statement, Jones praises the honchos behind the sitcom ... saying, "Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them."

He goes on, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

As we previously reported, Jones appeared in a video with a man he considered a spiritual adviser and blasted "Men" ... calling the show "filth" and urging people not to watch it.

Here's Angus' statement in full:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.

While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

1128_angus_t_jones_through_the_years_footer

Murderface

I wonder if his mom was holding him by the ear when he made that apology.

hypatia

it's very clear he - 19yo with his poor grammar/IQ (shown on video, etc.) - did not write that statement. He is also blessed with very smart, savvy and helpful publicists/lawyers. He is young and very immature. Kudos to him for trying to do "better" (gave up drugs, searching for healing regarding his family whack/breakups, etc.). But he is in that odd predicament where (a) he feels the need to be an adult and speak his mind, but (b) he just doesn't understand everything incl' the consequences of speaking one's mind. He's got some valid points, but completely insulting everyone on that site/job was WAAAY wrong. He seems like a well-meaning kid, and will probably work hard to fix this hiccup. I wish him the best - as having horrid parent/family, and then "help" from the 'cult'... are just a bit too much for a young pup like him. GOOD LUCK kiddo!!!

Chgo411

He shouldn't bite the hand that feeds. He has been very lucky considering he has zero talent and makes big $$$. This was his one and ONLY shot a success in Hollywood. I sure hope he invested!

Bodany

I think we're all missing the obvious here. He had sex with a Panda, and nobody seems to upset by this..... A Panda Bear!!!

Emilio

Must have been pay day today...

Elizabeth

Angus if you are reading this; even though the writing and material on the show may not make you comfortable.. You have gotten a great pay cheque weekly from the producers .. So don't bite the hand that feeds you anymore..

I am sure that there are some good people on the show, that will help you to be comfortable, till you find another show that ywould be more to your liking.. So hang in there, because there are not too many great roles in Hollywood..

And alot of actors would gladly take your place! So be patient, and know that the producers are providing you with a great lifestyle!

M

Bullsh*t! It's pretty hard to misinterpret "The show it filth" or "I'm a part of this filth, I don't WANT to be a part of this filth, and please DON'T WATCH this filth, as it is evil and fu*ks with your brain!". Yeah, I can so easily see how that can be taken the wrong way. Seems to me that in the last 24 hours he came to realize that money IS more important to him than his so-called newly found religion. ZERO Integrity. Nothing more than a whore working in a whore house. He despises being a whore but LOVES the money he makes by turning tricks MORE!

tellmeaboutit

Wonder who intervened to give this kid a (figurative, I hope) kick in the butt. Either that, or he just heard Two & a Half Men has been renewed and the cast, including him is to get a raise. Hope someone is keeping the new shark swimming around him away from his money, for his sake.

funnychick

He kid needs to get over it. If he's that disgusted with the show then leave. Its very immature and STUPID to make comments about the show on some random video camera then let it go viral.

Tweety

I LOVED "Jake" on the show... Angus is very talented and has great comic timing. Best to him....

denfair

I think they should write this into the show. Many kids his age get taken advantage of by a religious leader.

ChrisM

No wonder this kid is messed up! Who the heck names their kid after a cow?

ann

really? someone must have explained to him what it was he said and the repercussions it would have. he is a snot ! I personally hope they make him show up every day..all day..and be in every scene..and earn EVERY PENNY he is paid. Since listening to his comments,which he can't deny he made...I have nothing but contempt for him.

sean

Yet another non-apology apology.

pamela q

Ummmmm a little late to be Groveling now. Funny when all is said & done and he is on the chopping block, he wants to make nice and apologize.