Katt Williams Slap Victim

Target FIRED ME

Over the Incident

12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120412_williams_victim

update_bar
11:22 AM PT -- A Target spokesperson confirms Forrest has been fired from the store ... but explains, "His departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online."

The rep adds, "Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure."

0314_divider_graphic
The Target employee who was PIMP SLAPPED in the face by Katt Williams says he's been FIRED from his job ...even though HE was the one who was attacked.

TMZ broke the story ... Forrest Liebenberg was having a calm conversation with the comic in the Northern California store when Katt slapped him in the face for no apparent reason.  Liebenberg didn't strike back ... instead he pulled out his phone and called for help.

After the incident, Forrest told CBS13 he'd been terminated from his job with no explanation -- saying, “They weren’t very clear, but it is obvious to me that it was based on this incident.”

He added, "Maybe I was a little uninformed about how seriously the situation was with Target, but obviously it is pretty serious."

Forrest says he doesn't know if Target believes he's the person who leaked the security footage to TMZ. He also claims he is NOT the leaker.

We reached out to Target for comment -- so far, radio silence.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

oleskulemike

Not related to this incident,Target says...Then what is it related to? If it's something else, He would not have been there for You to fire him right after the incident!!!Target? You cannot and should not protect a drug addict! Litigation is surely on the calendar

there

tom

sue them both! Who the hell is Kat I would have beat the crap out of anyone that slap me. And to top it off the ass got into a scooter. Seriously F HIM, he gets on a rascal and rides away.

Andrew

Is it just me, or does he look like Elijah Wood a LITTLE bit. Brother, or cousin perhaps?

Curtis

Toby McGuire deserves to be fired... Weakest Spiderman EVER

JRob

I think Kat has been smoking some bad sh*t & really lost his mind. This is not acceptable. :(

Jimmy

Can you imagine if the races were reversed? Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would be marching in the streets. They would be calling for justice. They would be marching in front of Target calling for boycotts.

Jen

I don't know if this dude is gay or not, but if he is then Kat should be charged with a hate crime.

Robinleigh

Honestly I don't think the color of the man's skin had anything to do with him being slapped and it isn't katt's fault target fired him but he apparently is on something to slap someone while they're working, threaten a bar owner, and send the police on a chase. Ugh I hate how some of them make all of us black people look stupid. Not all of us are stupid.

g is the name

I think he was probably on his last leg and already on the way out at Target.

NewJerseyNurse

Is California an at-will state for employment? I know in NJ U CQN BE TERMINATED.WITHOUT ANY REASON, EXPLAINATION,

NewJerseyNurse

Ah sorry I am typing on my touch screen phone...I was saying that New Jersey is at at-will state where no reason or explanation is required...pretty unfair. Clearly they terminated him because of this incident, which is even more unfair. Them denying that is not a good look for the company. The economy is bad and its hard to find work, poor guy. However, maybe they saw a lawsuit coming their way and parted ways quickly? Even still, the guy needs to.get a laeyer and sue Katt Williams if he even has any $ left...in the video the Target employee did everything right. Poor guy.

Griff1319

Where is Gloria allred lol I smell a Double lawsuit. SUE THEM BOTH.

bill ding

Another stupid ass hole being what he is....

Cam C

Crack Is wack.... ijs

Ruckuz213

He is on dat ESCANTE WARRIOR status meaning he is smoking meth