Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

Stargayzing

I worked in the record business for 20. No one makes a pop star sing anything hey don't want to. Trust me. This girl is di$honest and needs 2 fire her publicist now! Stargayzing.com

GD

What's wrong with America? How about you grow some balls and confront the real issues at hand, not dance around the point of how to properly deal with mentally ill people and gun control by loosely correlating Ke$ha songs to gun violence.

Ozzie X

he was forced to be a woman.

anly_03

wtf! the song was on before the accident happened. why people is blaming kesha the song has nothing to do with the shooting.

meka

this girl can't sing anyway!!! why is she famous it just tells you people don't know good music anymore trash...

Jay W.

It's just a song. It should have absolutely no connection with the horrific tragedy in Connecticut.

Wise men say, "you should live everyday like it's your last day, cause one day... it will be."

Justin

I love how the blame game has already started...no wonder the media is so hated. What's next are they going to start blaming video games all over again.

Mshell

Of course now that it's not convenient and there's risk of hurting her cash flow she was "forced" to sing it. I'm sure someone held her at fun point forcing her to sing.

Hohan

Can only imagine how that went down: "Listen Bitch, if you don't sing these lyrics we're going to force you to listen to your entire oeuvre."

vi

I don't understand why this is an issue. The doing song came out a long time ago, written before this tragedy. Its not like she sang it at the funeral or the shooter was playing it while he did it.

katrina

Seriously? That's wack its a song...it has nothing to do with the children being being murdered not even remotely so I don't see where the hell people put that equation together...I can't stand stupid people, stay in school folks and find pick up a new hobby..knitting anybody?

TheNastyKid

If u do a little research about the demons behind the music industry than you'll see why some ppl R pointing the finger at Ke$ha

Eddie Haldaverson

Anna Mae.

Xoxovecca619

It's a song it has nothing to do with the tragedy.

Rebecca

If that's the case then pull the "Pumped up Kicks" song off the airwave.That song is about mass shooting.

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run better run faster than my bullets......"

That song is more offending than Kesha's.