Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

3Storms

She's full of crap. Pretty much all of her soungs are about partying. She has zero integrity as an artist and is a classic shallow pop star

Tara

Holy Crap people, its not like this song caused this tragedy.... its disgusting to oversimplify someones actions like this

Ash

If she feels so strongly about being "forced" to sing the song, why doesn't she donate the profits she is making off the track to the victims' families?

Summer

Are you kidding me???? Its a song. This has nothing to do with the shooting. This is SAD.

alex

Illuminati.

LittleSusie

Don't think that being rich will make everything perfect because your inner self is always there tapping you on the shoulder to fix the problems. Chrissy and Peaches, the real artists, hope you two girls get the credit you two deserve some day, not Kesha. Fans of underground music know the truth about this situation to begin with.

GOINGPLACES77

If you don't want to do certain songs, Kesha, don't do them and hurt others along the way. The music industry is sad these days.

GOINGPLACES77

Yes, the same way she was forced by her overlords to do "Tik Tok", even though it's entire premise and marketing plan are stolen from the indie artist called "Chrissy". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHHV69OuqSU

Anthony

There! There's the evidence that twitter are mostly for retards. Why attack her for a song that she made well before the tragedy. Dumb ****s shouldn't be given any means of communications.

Darkness

for shame

hehe

Are you kidding me???? omgoodness I know what happened was beyound crazy and senseless. And I understand why radio stations are not playing the song, but come on now. when she was singing the song, she wasnt singing it with the intention of affecting 5 to 9 year old. I think its a media spin on the issue. And I so wish if I called TMZ when they were on that they would air me.

peoplearesilly

Forced? Yeah, right. Nice try.

Drizzz.

(K)illuminati.

cherfan

Forced to sing it? I don't think so. What a lame excuse. She is full of S**T.

Briibott

She is my idol. BACK OFF. THAT'S WHAT SHE IS SAYIG. DI YOU KNOW THAT SHE WAS THE FEMALE LEAD ON A FLORIDA SOng!!?!? I'll defend her everyday. And it's stupid. Who cares. Music is a way of life. So shove it EVERYONE 2012 €£¥|€£