Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

chi_town1

Wow! People need to realize we all gonna die! It might be at birth, young, in your prime, or at an old age! Why dont they pull the shooters image off the tv or radiostations! There's no way we can blame people for this! You cant blame tv and music! Watch out people if you own a gun your a child killer.... Get a grip people! Theres thousand of people dying a year because of guns pulling all these things off tv/radiostation cuz of this shooting makes them hypocrites! What, they dont feel bad for the thousands of children, adults, etc. dying throughout the year? Get your asses out of here with that bull****!

Wardman3

Kesha... You are a cowriter.. You wrote it... You sang it..You turned it into a top 5 hit.. I am sure your intentions were not malicious, however, take responsibility for it. You were not "forced"..Financially forced maybe, but you had a choice. On a much less level, Kelly Clarkson stuck to her guns and refused to listen to Clive Davis for her "December" album.. She took a lot of grief, and was somewhat blackballed for a moment, but she exercised her free will to record her album... Grow up.. Take responsibility and learn and grow from this and see what you can do to help better people today.

Columbo

You people are so effing dumb. It's just about sensitivity at this time. Get a grip, D Bags.

Svenghooli

Who is this woman????

Rodney Rachal

I was on her side bit now I'm not. I never liked her music to begin with and now I'll change to radio dial each time i here her songs. It's your Voice on the song and you are a co writer and now your saying your just a PUPPET? Bye bye Career. And for the record The song is about a celebration of life. In many cultures around the world People celebrate the life of someone who has died. Even in America we do this. so why are we focusing our anger from this tragedy on a song that had nothing to do with this? Radishes!!!

heyitsadam

If only she could take her own advice.

Columbo

Ugly nose and yellow teeth. Nasty.

Columbo

The singer appeared on 95.5 WPLJ in New York back in November -- weeks before the Newtown massacre -- and took full credit for writing the song, saying: "I definitely make sure that every word rings true to me because I would never want to misrepresent myself to millions of people around the world ... I wrote and rewrote and rewrote that song ten times. Lyin Skank

chi_town1

Sensitivity? Like i said get the **** outta here with that ****! Obama had to poke his eyeball for a tear! Why should a song or a tv show suffer... We need to move forward and learn from this... If you're so heart broken, guess what? there are millions of children in this world that would love a pair of shoes, a shirt, some pants, a roof, **** some food and water!! ! Where is your compassion to those kids who are suffering in life! Though we will miss all those beautiful kids, there are still kids here that we can help! If you are so moved by this tragedy, how about we help those that can still be saved! I know it sucks that we couldn't save those babies but we can save millions of them! Stop picking and choosing who you want to feel bad for! ****n hypocrites! ****ing cowards! **** all yall with your bull**** trying to play the sorry card! To all of you who truly feel for these kids come on send your attention to those kids we can help.. **** thier propaganda bull****! Get the killer off tv, out the radio, and out your mouth! **** that motha****er... Thats what those psychos want! And you dumbasses keep making it more attractive for peaces of **** like him! God bless yall with a true heart!

X

ILLUMINATI FORCED her!

TonyTone

Proof these artists have no control at all .The Illuminati run everything

lindalisa886

what Leslie said I am alarmed that people able to make $9332 in 4 weeks on the internet. have you seen this web linkhttp://www.bit90.com

LosAngHug

She looks like a dog

idiots

do you idiots realise that the song was written BEFORE the shootings????

www.accountkiller.com

Ok ketchup, then why not give all the money back that you made on the song if it goes against you? Not. The thing I have a problem with is that these song writers need to be held accountable for their lyrics. Nothing but crap being "spit" out now. Young kids listening to rehashed garbage with controversial lyrics and videos to lure them in.