Ke$ha

Bragged About Writing 'Die Young' Lyrics Before Massacre

12/19/2012 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

121912_kesha_radio_int

Ke$ha is either lying now ... or was lying then ... 'cause weeks before she said she was "forced" to sing the lyrics to "Die Young," she BRAGGED about penning the song during a radio interview.

The singer appeared on 95.5 WPLJ in New York back in November -- weeks before the Newtown massacre -- and took full credit for writing the song, saying:

"I definitely make sure that every word rings true to me because I would never want to misrepresent myself to millions of people around the world ... I wrote and rewrote and rewrote that song ten times."

Shocking, considering Ke$ha completely contradicted herself on Twitter yesterday after several radio stations around the country stopped playing the song in light of the Newtown tragedy. Ke$ha had written, "I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics to "Die Young" include the line:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

So, what's the truth? We reached out to Ke$ha -- but haven't heard back.

As for her tweets regarding "Die Young" -- those have since been deleted.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

taz

Who cares. She's a ridiculous person and this is a stupid made up non-story by TMZ. The song has nothing to do with the shooting.

Laura

How could she be proud of that? That's just disgusting.

Mike44090

Looks like TMZ is out to 'Lohan' her and ruin her career ;0)

bon

whoops

mike_in_canada

This is such a stupid story. "Die Young" was released as a single on September 25th, 2012... How does the lyrics in this song have ANYTHING to do with what happened in Newtown...

Stop blaming an artist for writing a song just because something bad happened months after it was released. If we're upset with Ke$ha, why aren't we upset with Billy Joel for Only the Good Die Young?

I love TMZ as much as the next person, but this is just shotty reporting. Then again, I guess guns don't kill people, Ke$ha kills people.

KnuckleDragger

Typical "damage management". Deny everything...

MISERABLE66

Who gives a crap?!?!?! The lyrics dont mean babies dying young! Jeez!!

Ashley JH

This also happened to Drowning Pool's song "Bodies" after 9/11... I don't think these songs or musicians should be affected by something TOTALLY unrelated.

carlos

I have no idea what this pig sings. ..but i'm sure it sucks. Also she has no style and she looks like she smells..grodie to the max!

FlamingoNut

My friend$, that'$ what we call a full of $hit a$$hole.

Jen

She should have been proud of her art. Coming out after the tragedy and changing her tune was the worst thing she could have done. She had nothing to do with that mentally ill mans rampage and either did her ridiculous music.

Civilizations mouthpiece

Watching TMZ live right now. Harvey and the other wimps need to take there panties off and relax about this song. What babies!!!!

IowaDimples

Wow. A celebrity lying to save face. That's a new concept. What's funny is she claims to sing when shes famous for "talking"to background noise.

kp

It's just a song about living for today because you don't know when you're going to die. That's all she would have to say.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Because, you know, she brushes her teeth with a bottle of Jack. Stoopid Skanky Trollop.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments