Radio Station to Keyshia Cole

Quit Your Bitching ...

You Were Always #2

12/19/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1219_kmel_san_francisco_keyshia_cole_article
Keyshia Cole is sorely mistaken if she believes she got bumped to make room for a singer named The Weeknd at a concert in Oakland this week -- at least according to the San Fran radio station behind the show ... because fact is, she wasn't headliner material to begin with.

Keyshia went off on Twitter Monday night -- the same night as KMEL 106's Holiday House of Soul concert -- claiming she bailed on the show because KMEL contacted her last minute to tell her she'd be opening for The Weeknd ... instead of headlining the show herself.

She wrote, "EVERY F**KING YEAR I do something major for my city! @KMEL has the nerve to tell me at the last minute they want me to open for the weeknd."

She added, "No disrespect to the weeknd. Why the hell would @106KMEL ask me to open for him in My home town! Where I give back! Where IM FROM! #NO"

But KMEL tells TMZ, it's all a case of miscommunication -- saying, “We were surprised to see Keyshia Cole’s Tweets the night of our show ... as she was never scheduled to be the show’s final act."

KMEL added, "When we were notified a week before her performance that she planned to cancel, we immediately removed her name from all advertising and promotion and offered refunds to those fans who requested."

R&B singer Jeremih replaced Keyshia when she abandoned ship.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

OooooNooo!

Who?

Just sayin'..

Is she really THAT big, that she can start bouncing shows and giving up paychecks? Ego vs. priorities... Ego won't pay your rent.

eicarr

Who??? I think that "Star" that was killed in the plane crash weeks ago had bigger name recognition than Cole.

lovehandles

The last time I seen you. You had a Dick in your mouth. Take what you can get. I mean musically....lol.

Jason

Who ? Never heard of her.

kermit

Is she some back up singer ???? be lucky you have a job in the music business making money and people want to book you...

Poopsi47

Never heard of the weekend

Itsgreat2bme

Ok, really?

Mumra the Ever Living

Who is this woman and why should be care?

Kelly

Hello, I'd like to speak to my granddaughter, Kate, please.

Greygoose125

Miss "I don't know who my father is, but I must be biracial" needs to have several seats. The train has left the station without Keyshia Cole.

Pudding Tang

The name Keyshia is synonymous with talentless hacks. There's been multiple sightings of this today especially.

GLaDOS