Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

Deborah

Please say it ain't so? I've watched while Jason tried to understand Bethany's background and given his support. My hubby and I are in the middle of a huge fight right now. In fact the dog is shaking in the corner as I type but, we've been together for 25 years and the "D" word never came up. I hate to admit it but I think Bethenny needs more counseling. I'm sure she is the one who has given up on the relationship and not Jason. All couples fight. Please Bethenny give the guy a chance!

Deborah

Say it ain't so? I loved these two together. Jason had so much patience for Bethanny and her issues. I have a lot of baggage as well and right now my hubby is out of here... on the couch or floor which ever he prefers LOL :-). Now a days it's so easy to use the "D" word. Have they tried counseling... Magic Mushrooms.... Pot...... LOL ;-)
Please dont' give up on each other!

CJ

Jason reminds me so much of an ex-boyfriend of mine almost to a tee ..... totally PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE!!

Bethenny surely is tough to live with ... but I can assure you that Jason is not the "great perfect guy" that so many are making him out to be. Any astute observation would clue you in on that.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

I hate to say I saw this coming see could never let him be the men.its like she wanted to be man she did build a empire and as much as I don't like marriages falling apart this one had no hope

Brian

and next...

Suglo

No wonder she said no way to Andy Cohen when he asked if she was going to have more kids just the other day on WWHL. On another note, her Skinny Girl drinks absolutely suck. They taste like watered down cheap alcohol. Nasty nasty stuff.

Lassie

This was just a matter of time, this marriage...
Money does NOT buy you happiness...
But Bethenny does have a DESTRUCT button when it comes to her relationships.

RONNIE

Jason will be changing his Sur-name to Happy.

Duh

Thank god for Jason's sake. I don't think she can intake oxygen unless a complaint is part of her exhale.

Duh

Jason is so sexy, funny, and sweet. His parents just wanted to love her too. Her whining constantly about being "tortured" is so annoying. Look, Bethenney, we all had a ****ty childhood. We all work hard. We all dream of success. You got half a billion dollars and a stupid talk show. That's more than anyone dreams of. You need to shut that hole in your face, get some perspective, and remember that you are not Oprah. Humility will help you.

Duh

Also, you are the epitome of the phrase "Bitch Face". Loosen those muscles up a little by not being a bitch all of the time.

Silverado Mom

Who didn't see this coming

Hollywood74

Best way to break up a marriage....do a reality show, silly rich people!

Babydoll0630

What about your husband getting to see his daughter. WORK AT your marriage ppl..................

Deborah

NOOOO! Please say it ain't so! I've loved these two together. He seemed to be so sympathetic about her past. Me and my hubby of 25 years just got into a huge argument, it's probably from the stess of Christmas but, he is definately sleeping on the couch or floor which ever he prefers. I hate this. No matter how hard it get's for any couple you can't give up. Never, ever use the "D" word. What went wrong?