'Gone Baby Gone' Author

Find My Lost Dog ... I'll

Name a Character After You

12/26/2012 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Barking News

1226_dennis_lehane2
Here's one way to become famous ... find "Gone Baby Gone" author Dennis Lehane's lost dog -- because if you do, he'll name a character after you in his next book.

Lehane -- who lives in Brookline, MA -- announced the bizarre award on his Facebook page, claiming his beloved beagle Tessa jumped a fence at his family home and got away ... and he concocted this plan as a way to get Tessa back.

Lehane says Tessa had been microchipped, but she wasn't wearing her tags when she escaped.

According to WCVB.com, Tessa was last seen Monday afternoon near a gas station in Allston.

The reward could be worth substantially more than your usual cash incentive -- Lehane's books are ridiculously popular ... he also wrote "Mystic River" and "Shutter Island" ... both of which were turned into successful movies.

Then again, that's all presuming he writes another book.

0831_guess_pooch_footer

Tryst

Since Tessa is also my name.. I'm going to say.. no.

Amorphos

Someone should let him know that when a dog is "microchipped" that "microchip" is inside of its body. So unless the dog morphed his skin inside and out, it would be impossible for him to leave the house without the chip.

static

I'd keep a check on all the pounds within a 50 mile radius those bastards will euthanize her chip or not because they are too lazy to check, it happens all the time.

Truth

BULL****!! I WILL TAKE THE CASH. WTF CARESSS. EVEN IF HE NAMES A CHARACTER IN HIS BOOK HE STILL GETS PAID - YOU DONT. POINT BLANK. LOUSY REWARD SCHEME. #TRUTH!!

Cletus Van Damme

Hope you find your dog Dennis, you are a great writer!

snoopy2

I volunteer with a beagle rescue group in the Midwest. Like Amorphos said, the microchip is on the inside. If he was picked up by the pound, they should be able to scan that chip. He needs to reach out to his local beagle rescue group. If one of our rescue dogs gets loose or one of our own beagles, all of our volunteers publish it on Facebook with the dog's tag number and picture. Volunteers who are close to the area where the dog was lost will even help search. We get a 100 percent return. That beagle nose always gets them into trouble, but they are such lovable dogs. When I was young, our beagle escaped in the woods and was sitting in our parking spot hours later. If you want to adopt a beagle in the Midwest area, go to www.gotbeagles.org -- hope you find her.

VictoriaGirl

I can see the next story now: the person who finds his dog never sees their name in one of his books and sues the guy for millions for breach of contract or some such sh!t.

NoseySOB

ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING

Cheryl A.

I know that beagles are runners. I had one once and it escaped ALL the time, no matter how well chained he and the yard was. I hope he finds his dog too, I also agree with TRUTH because he is correct, it's not worth a thing to me if he names a character after me but I certainly could use some cash.

Anonymous

I know I post as "Anonymous", but my real name is "broken rubber", and I found your dog! :)

bitchfistcomics.com

I rather have cash instead.

mimi

I don't care for his books but I gotta love a guy who loves his dog so much. Beautiful little dog.