Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

shadowsofthenight

He was such a pig when he interviewed Anne Hathaway. He said "we've seen a lot of you lately" about the paparazzi shot of her getting out of a car - it was gross of him to even mention it. And he deserves screaming since he did get Ann Curry fired. Suck it, Matt.

Gym

The fact is- nobody cares about him or curry, or lying ass NBC for that matter.

whocares

Matt. That's what happens when selfishness, and a BIG HEAD get in the way of honesty, and kindness. You asked for it. Now Chew On It.

Janet W

Matt Lauer has a big ego and he is arrogant. He thinks too much of himself. I feel he speaks down to women. I am not surprised by the reaction of some NYers shouting at him. I watch Good Morning America every day, love it!

arlene K.

In as much as I do not want to dis ann Curry, she was not what the show needed. Katie was one of the best, then came Meridith. Why , if all the parts fit stick someone in who is a great reporter but certainly not a strong anchor who has no charissa with the main host. Don't know the behind scenes, but you all screwed up, because,. according to polls, ABC is ahead of you all. I am a staunched watcher of the show, but, in all honestly I turn to ABC as my other friends. Come on, get rolling. Arlene, Boca Raton, Fl.

GL williams

He is s***...he is so fake ..just like he was the day Ann was fired from the show...he is a creep and that ice cycle sitting next to him is soooo crappy and a big snooze....quit crying Matt....you got what you wanted,,,lol lol

I Know Nothing

I think Matt Lauer is a nice guy. He will bring big ratings to the show. Good luck, Matt!

John Hunt

Refreshing to see Lauer at least do something besides being Obama's lap dog

Porkee Jones

Hey Matt you *****. How are you and Natalie doing. Your wife is pretty ugly. Is that why you lover banging Natalie.

lobstermann

Matts' only problem is the company he continues to work for...you guys are way too small with the little stuff.

brian

Matt Lauer sucks. I use to watch today show, matt has no sense of humor. good morning america is so much better its funny.

Lobster

Matts only problem is who he works for and that he continues to stay there...folks, he's not alone there!

mary salaber

Now he knows how the Bush's, the Palin's, Tim Tebow feel...keep it up Lauer, you pin-head.

hammertime

Hey, I don't care what happens to the guy, or to anyone on the Today staff. I'm sick of their collegiate blah blah blah...I like the format with Gayle King, Charlie Rose, and the other woman. I've been watching them faithfully since Matt threw Ann under the bus and I like them, individually and collectively, much better. Sorry Today, but ya screwed the pooch when you bent over for Matt Lauer.

Kaabelle

I have no pity for Matt. I think he should be the one to go. It is quite obvious if he does not like working with someone, they are automatically gone. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I don't even watch Today anymore because of all the changes.

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments