Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

Kaabelle

I have no pity for Matt. I think he should be the one to go. It is quite obvious if he does not like working with someone, they are automatically gone. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I don't even watch Today anymore because of all the changes.

BeckyD

It's hard to take Matt Lauer seriously because the older he gets the more he looks like Pee Wee Herman. Every time I see him lately I want to start singing "Bird bird bird, well the bird is the word"...

samj530

Be careful what you wish for!

Vale

What I can't believe is that he is just finding out how unpopular he is, I mean doesn't the network get mail I know it cannot be all good, in fact I think his situation is getting worse. I know people and they will voice their opinion to the networks. So I am not buying that he is just now getting the cold shoulder.

Lynda

I'm sure Ann C is a great lady but I often felt like she was going to a funeral the way she reported.
She always seemed like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.
Too bad they couldn't find another spot for her.

dave

Lauer's only reaping what he's sown over the years. He's arrogant, nasty and about 20% as smart as he believes himself to be. It matters not whether he had any involvement in Curry's departure, the guy was probably an a**hole as far back as kindergarten.

Louise

Bring Ann back to the Today Show. If Matt doesn't like it, to hell with him. The onlyway I will watch Today again is if Ann comes back. I don't understand how an intelligent, caring, talented journalist is ousted because she doesn't "fit the profile" of an egotistical CO-anchor.

Paul

I haven't watched the Today show since Ann left. I never plan to watch Today - they lost me. Thanks to ABC, I watch another morning show and it is better. Good Bye Matt.

chevy

25 million? Being a d-wad seems to pay very well.

Parker Shilling

Good! Maybe NBC will let his sorry butt go also.

antiimbeciles

Especially since ALL of you a****s that post the same crap over and over, have proof that you ALL worked with them on the set every day and know this for a fact, that HE is the one who got ,her fired!!! No wonder we have such a violent society,so rude, uncaring, selfish, CRUEL ,and so many innocent people in prisons because people like you on JURIES! None of you KNOWS that, but you a****s have no problem brown=nosing each other with reciprocating 'likes', with not one iota of doubt that he might not have anything to do with it, and maybe..ANN did! Im not a fan of MAT, I think he overrated and paid too much money(like most of them in any facet of 'show business),but everytime I saw that ANN on TV she came through like a pretentious phony, that,,tacitly, she only caters for the 'yuppies' of Manhattan, everything she says or did seem fake and not connected to the 'real' people. Maybe THEY fired her because she didn't connect much and was kind of ..affected!(
(a : having or showing an attitude or mode of behavior that is not natural or genuinely felt : given to or marked by affectation ...)
In conclusion,thats just my opinion of her or him,and I would never try to pass it as .FACT, as you BUFFOONS are doing with Mat, although NONE of you witnessed anything you imply! YOu should be ashamed of yourselves, you jealous, sore-losers(I bet 90% of you are..republicans who cant stand Mat's affinity for Obama and democrats!!) I bet Im more right about YOU that YOU ALLwill ever be about ..Mat or even Obama!(you proved it for the past 4 years). The few liberal exeptions that posted here, spare me!!
And I registered to post ONLY this message, Im not interested in a duel with such oblivious i*****s!!

Teresa Prater

Bring back Chris Waggie. He was pleasant

Gary

Sorry that Office Politics Win here !!! Ann Curry, didn't deserve the B-ll S-it that was given to her a cheap back stabbing Today Show Hosts dont watch that show cant stand all the Phonies and back stabbers Karma is a B-itch

Gary

I, hope this sends a message to all the people who have to pay a price for Office B>S

justagirl

The today shoe was always overrated anyway. I never understood the hype, and katie and matt were and are so average, nthing spectacular. I feel bad for Ann and i hope that matt really is getting karma, and that this story isnt just nbc's way of manipulating people into feeling sorry for matt and coming back to today. im glad people can se through the b.s. and that they dont support evil people like matt.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments