Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

KAB

All I want to know is, did the city of L.A. pay the mayor's expenses for the trip? I hope he made the trip on his own dime. The photo of Villaraigosa with Sheen should be an embarrassment to an elected official. I'm sure he doesn't see it that way. What a shame.

Laurie

How do people decide it's an inncocent use of the term versus an offensive one? Perhaps it depends on how much the person is liked?

KAB

All I want to know is, did the city of L.A. pay the mayor's expenses for the trip? I hope Villaraigosa traveled on his own dime. The photo of him and CS should be an embarrassment to an elected official, but I'm sure he doesn't see it that way. What a shame.

MAS

Charlie needs to be on house arrest...and slapped.

BlackChinese

How the hell is that offensive, I say ***got all the time. To refer to pricks not gay people. Those who say it's offensive are just whining

kim

Who gives a a crap about Charlie...Mayor Villaraigosa!!! So this is where all of our tax money is going to... No wonder the State of California is broke!

Tesla_Consulting

The audience forgives but doesn't forget. Interesting.

john

Hate to say it but TMZ is covering this because it is a big deal in this day and age. If this drug addled piece of sh*t had dropped the N-Bomb the blacks would be rioting, if he had said something about illegal immigrants the Hispanics would be burning down the country...so unfortunately, everytime somone says something politically incorrect we will hear about it...

kristina

Dumb. Of course he's not homophobic!! This is ridiculous. No one cares. Like the last comment, No one cares, not even Charlie.
Good publicity for his bar, though. I wouldn't even know he had one.

LISA

I knew this would go off track fast ... In THIS one CASE, many felt it was not meant as a homophobic slur … period!

He was in a bar, hosting a live show. He made the comment to the entire audience, which included women. Hitting the INNOCENT button on the survey does not mean we are fans of this guy.

Nonsense

It's his party so he can say whatever he wants, besides who cares what Chalie Sheen says.

BOBCAT

he is nothing more than a sheenis with a penis anyway

SoCalHD

It's only a big deal because Harvey got offended. F**got!

scoopie

He says "maggot" a lot, or so it's been reported. Thinking he just accidently mispronounced it.

Tatami53

He has a "lisp"? No, what he has is a stupid, foul mouth and a stupid, foul mind and he has completely lost touch with the world around him. How pathetic that he has to resort to gay slurs to make a "joke"? Gee, Charlie, if indeed you HAD a lisp, you'd know the anguish of being bullied and called f***ot and worse, but since you're just a stupid liar, the only anguish you know is having to have your caps replaced on your rotting teeth.