Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

Richard

Would it have been innocent if he said "ni**er a-holes"? It's really the same thing.

hardon

He was drinking and having a good time. I take it no one else was. I use to know people that were just dead heads and the slightest thing could remove a good time in a split second. Those people are not worth the price of a bullet..

dannyrocket

Big deal, people need to stop being so thin-skinned and get over themselves! Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me!

Zamel`

Who gives a ****?

Clint

I say it all the time and don't have any problem with gay people. I only direct it towards straight people. Would never call a gay person that.

alan brickman

He's just human.....Just vote him in as President already!!!

Bravo600

I really can’t stand Charlie – reminds me of a rich, out of control middle school kid. That being said, this is all about CONTEXT. You can be politically incorrect in a bar or with other adults – which Charlie was. You don’t watch Dexter and then complain about violence. You don’t tune in to Tosh.0 and get offended. In adult venues, we need to lighten up and have some fun. It is a different story around children. They aren’t mature enough to catch the humor and realize it has a place. I wouldn’t want to hear Charlie’s rants in a school…but a bar is fine.

Bravo600

BTW – did Charlie also insult those with speech impediments with his lisp comment? Maybe there is a group needing to organize against this comment. For those satirically impaired - this is a joke.

LDB

you don't have to be homophobic to say "f*ggot". even gays say it. who cares?

a long time Leno fan!

Ok as I-F anyone should be taking A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G Charlie says personally........Such a complete NONE issue, Charlie's just being Charlie. Get over his comment already.

MrEguy

Coming from Charlie's mouth, it's not really surprising. That's the way he talks.

JO

This is with the same intent as the N word being used by MANY (of course, when it's convenient), as well as the F**got word. It's used as a 'term of endearment', (when it's convenient), but we all need another reason to bitch!

Truth

The only people that would care are uppity gays, and why care about them? If it's not this it's just something else. Career whiners, that's all they are.

YOURNOTONMYLEVEL10

jesus TMZ this isn't even news, people say ***got all the time so get over yourselves, youre all a bunch of ***gots

BillyBurke

Not anti-gay or homophobic

Don't people watch SouthPark to get the true meaning of these words?