Jerry Bruckheimer

Ready to Drop $23 Mil On

Famous Hollywood Pad

1/5/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0104_jerry_bruckheimer_house_launchJerry Bruckheimer is thiiiiiiiiiis close to following in the footsteps of infamous studio tyrant Harry Cohn  ... he's poised to drop $23 million on Cohn's former Beverly Hills Estate.

TMZ has learned ... Bruckheimer recently made an offer to buy the 19,590-square-foot mansion -- but it's not quite a done deal yet.

As for the hold up ... the estate is currently being sold off by the trustee of Guess founder Georges Marciano -- who lost the house as part of his Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

We're told the bankruptcy judge already signed off on Bruckheimer's offer, but the deal won't be official until after a hearing -- set for Jan. 17th. During the hearing other prospective buyers can try and outbid Jerry.

As for the 7-bedroom, 9-bath crib ... it's a Hollywood legend. Built by Cohn waaay back in 1927, it sits on 2 acres, has a screening room, card room, billiards room, sunken tennis court, pool ... and of course ... the ghost of Old "King Cohn" wandering it's halls.

Kidding. Maybe.

Moment of Clarity

The annual property taxes, utilities and maintenance is what eventually bankrupts the owners of McMansions. No one needs a house that big! The previous owner lost the property due to bankruptcy. It's a sign - don't buy it.

Kabala

The link doesn't work - you f'd it up again, tmz...

JimmyB

Like usual, TMZ photos & videos DO NOT WORK.

Spicy mag

Bricks heifer can afford 10 of these houses. Wow, ipad autocorrect really sucks.

Genn1825

Why anyone needs anything this size is beyond me... You simply don't!

Phishie from Philly

Is that all?
Phishie from Philly

Danielle123

This man is filthy rich but I will never understand why ANYBODY needs a house that big. I am not one to tell someone how to spend their money but really? 23 million? Goodness.

Anonymous

You may not need it, but I have to say, I like that house more than most of the houses they have pictures of here.

The Man They Call Louis

Too big...must be nice to be rich I guess.

Truth

We don't need to have a unqualified Kenyan be President either, but there he is.

tonymelasa

Rich ****ing people.

pix

All I can say from personal first hand experience, karma is a bitch. I prefer my small house 2 miles away and appreciate spending time with my kids.

jimmy

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,
TMZ BOUNS

Straight Talkin Texan

That's my favorite shape of swimming pool. Classic.

I wish there had been more pics, like the master bedroom and the bathrooms.