'Snakes on a Plane' Director

Dead at Ssssssssixty

1/8/2013 1:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0108_david_r_ellis_article_getty
Director David R. Ellis -- the guy behind the epic action flick "Snakes on a Plane" -- was found dead early Monday morning in a hotel room in South Africa ... this according to his rep.

60-year-old Ellis was in Johannesburg to work on a remake of the film "Kite," a Japanese anime movie.

Details surrounding Ellis' death are unclear and no cause of death has been released.

Ellis got his start in Hollywood as an actor and stuntman -- and went on to direct "Snakes on a Plane," "The Final Destination," and "Shark Night 3D."

cobrazombie

Between all the KimK crap and this disrespectful headline, I'm done with TMZ.

Ronni

What the **** is wrong with the writers at TMZ? How dead are your pitiful souls?

PeteS60

Dave was my best friend growing up in Malibu and if I still lived in LA someone at tmz would be getting a severe ass kicking this afternoon for that headline. Show some class and CHANGE IT!!!

ray

sure hope he confessed and got absolution before he died. Otherwise he's going to hell for those 3 movies alone.

ray

Classless, unfunny insipid headline, r.eally pathetic

DaveT

Never saw the Snakes on a Plane movie, but for some reason I have...." I am tired of these motherf-cking snakes on this motherf-cking plane!"....stuck in my head forever. Go figure.

Muh!

Oh boy, TMZ snark! Ha ha, that ****er is dead! You go, TMZ!

Hey, now he's on another "plane" of existence, right? Ha ha, TMZ, you guys are funny! So so snarky and gay and funny.

E

PATHETIC and disrepectful, TMZ. Nothing has prompted me to post on any of this irrelevant crappy until now. I knew his daughters years ago and they were great people. In his career he was involved in one way or another in some outstanding movies...I hope when your parents pass away someone treats their memory and you with some modi*** of disrespect you have shown this family...

pancake

SNAKES ON A PLANE' DIRECTOR
Dead at Ssssssssixty

great line and funny TMZ i bet the family appreciate the humor

Iliveonafarm

TMZ SSSSSSSSSUCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Jen

Nice headline! F*cking hacks.

DStolt

tha's kind of a rude title for someone that has passed. you guys are @SSholes

Bad Dog

Anyone else had the thought that those who say "first" tend to either have a small wiener or just big a big one?

inportan

Ilove you, i think it very god
Http://vanchuyen.com.vn

What I Think

I'm surprised. If making that crappy movie didn't kill him then I figured nothing would.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments