« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Katherine Webb

ESPN Should NOT Have

Apologized for Ogling

1/9/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Webb -- the GF of Alabama star QB A.J. McCarron -- says ESPN had no reason to issue an apology for Brent Musburger's televised swooning during the BCS Championship game ... because the comments were nothing but flattering.

Webb appeared on "Today" moments ago and stood up for the 73-year-old --saying, “I think the media has been really unfair to [Musburger]."

She added, "If he would’ve said something along the line that we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would’ve been a little bit different, but the fact that he said that we were beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that."

ESPN later issued an apology for Brent's comments -- but Webb says, "I don’t think it was needed, honestly. Of course, I appreciate it, but at the same time, I don’t think that I needed an apology.’’

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

notta

****ing media trying to blow something out. They're not happy until someone loses their job. ****ing **** suckers. I hate em.

tmz posters dont know sh1t

why u ugly bitches giving that old white man a hard time??

DaveT

Life's short and never know when our time will come, I only hope I can make it to be old enough to be called an Old Pervert!
'Specially if it's by some young babe after I pinch her ass ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Attractive but not overwhelming pretty.

Msfrench

Very classy and well handled. Xo

DaveT

Say: "I apologize for ogling" 10 times as fast as you can

HillbillyHell

She gets my vote. Smokin'

Rowan

He was clearly paying her a compliment. He was not rude, he was not inappropriate nor was he overtly sexual. He said she was gorgeous and pretty. If she is not offended it is not our job to be offended FOR her. If she had asked for the apology ... Fine, I would still think he did nothing wrong but that would be HER mindset. Stop with the controversy where none should be!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6