Britney Spears & Jason Trawick

SPLITSVILLE

1/11/2013 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_jason_trawick_split_breakup_article_2
update_bar
4:17PM PST:
Jason Trawick has just been removed as Britney's co-conservator ... TMZ has learned.  Jamie Spears is once again her sole conservator.

0314_divider_graphic
Britney Spears
and Jason Trawick have broken up ... TMZ has learned.

The couple got engaged back in 2011. Trawick started out as Britney's agent, the duo started dating and he eventually became her co-conservator along with her dad, Jamie Spears.

Multiple sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ... Jason didn't want to make the announcement until he was taken off the conservatorship.  Interestingly, lawyers for the conservatorship are in court right now, along with Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, so it's possible Jason will be removed today.

Sources say it was a "friendly breakup" and Britney and Jason will remain friends.  As for why they split, we're told they just "grew apart."

The timing's pretty interesting considering Brit recently changed agencies, heading to CAA ... an indication Trawick was no longer involved in managing her career.

Britney told People.com ...  "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."

Trawick also issued a statement saying, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
 0111_britney_jason_split_footer

bernergirl

At least he seems like a decent guy, to take his name off the conservatorship. Some could have exploited that situation to the fullest.

JR

I still see a half-full cookie jar and even though time has passed I'm not sticking my hands in and pulling out some crazy flavor cookie. Nope, not getting sucked in.

_Taterman

She'd be like dating a puppet on a string...

Peter

OHHH... That's drama. I just read that fashion designer Marc Jacobs tortures a young girl called Angel Barta and steals her designs, you can read the details with photos on: http://styleangelique.blogspot.hu/2012/12/marc-jacobs-godfather-in-sponge-bob.html

Joanna

She'll need an new handler. Poor thing.

Brien

Sweet, that crazy bitch is single. I wonder if she'd ever have anything to do with a monkey like me.

Phreaky

Good, he's a bum and was playing a father-figure. Interesting he never seemed to work, just leech off Britney. Now she can find a real man, closer to her age, with his own money so he's not sponging off her.

D-INCARNATION

Was it that little move to Vegas thing....

fatalpunch

i knew this would happen

TNastyFunktown

I hope this remains a friendly break up. A least they made a decision to not go through a marriage that could have turned into a complete sh*t show.

Renee

He seems like a good enough guy. I wonder how long before his tell all book comes out.

claire

This relationship never made sense, it was a relationship built on convenience. They never looked in love. you could tell with Justin it was puppy love, you could tell with f-fed she was in love. I just didn't see the same hot sparks with Jason. And trust me I'm married to someone 27 years older than me she wasn't in love. He was a stable role in her life at the time and I think he did what he needed to to protect his paycheck at the time

Aileen (Canada)

This relationship was an arrangement from start to finish. The poor guy - or not so poor with his payoff to go quietly - can now get on with his life with a "normal" woman! Good luck to both of them really!

amazinglybored

She needs to focus on herself and her kids, the breakup itself is pretty 'meh' for me.

victory

This is actually good news, there was something about him I never liked, maybe he seemed to dominate her. It probably feels great to have unloaded this guy. Britney can veg w/ her boys.