Britney Spears

VERY Close

To Closing Vegas Deal

1/13/2013 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_las_vegas_britney_Spears_articleBritney Spears' team has almost locked an enormously lucrative deal which will make her a fortune in return for appearing in Las Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Britney is seriously considering picking up stakes and making her residency Las Vegas -- something just made easier after her split with fiance Jason Trawick.  She's been negotiating with one of the Caesar group properties to appear in a Celine Dion-type show.

Sources connected to the negotiations tell us ... from Brit's standpoint, "The deal is a go. There are several stipulations that could throw a monkey wrench in the deal, but it's basically done."

One of the outstanding issues -- exactly what Britney will be doing.  There's back-and-forth over whether she will just perform on stage at a big theater multiple nights a week, or whether she will also make appearances at functions in the hotels, nightclubs and pool day clubs.

Our sources say the money being negotiated is "astronomical" -- more than Celine's $100 mil a year.

trini_angel

First of all, why was Celine Dion's and Britney's name even used in the same sentence/article??? Celine can sing!!! Britney can't sing!!! And they're paying Britney more than they paid Celine? What an insult!!! No wonder the Khardashians are so famous, rich and still around. America strives on thrash!!!!!

mon

Interesting that all this hoopla about Britney's life, her break-up, what caused it blah blah.. are all coming at the heels of her move to Vegas. We do understand the publicity machinery u know. The "hook -ups" and "break-ups" to keep a celebrity relevant and in the case of this one trump up some publicity for her move to Vegas.

Leana

hmm..people pay to hear celine SING. will people pay vegas ticket prices to see a lackluster lip synching performance? from an artist that most like will not have the stamina to do 5 shows a week?

Leana

people pay big money to hear celine SING. will people pay the same price to see a lackluster (at BEST) lip synching performance?!?! and will she have the stamina to do 5 performances a week? writing on the wall says no....

billybob

Back to Vegas??? As what, as a slot machine?

She's baaaack

I'm interested for two reasons: (1) I can't imagine how her fragile emotional state will hold up with a grueling Vegas headline show schedule. (2) I like the poor little thing, I feel for her so don't get me wrong, but she's no more talented than a runner up on AI, and we all know how far most of them get. I can't imagine she'll have what it takes for a mega Vegas headlining review. I've seen a bunch and off the strip is way different than headlining.

YouDontSay

I hate Vegas. Nothing against Brittney but at least Celine can sing and does not lip sync. But what do you expect from a place that has stolen all the other surrounding towns water and money is all they care about.

Really

I can think of way better things to do and shows to see in Vegas than to go see a person who can't sing or dance!

KB

There is no way that she can handle this, unless she is thinking she can lip sync her way through the performances, and the crowds will be furious with her if she tries that crap. She won't consistently show up and will miss many performances. Why doesn't she just retire!?!

There's a problem here

I could be wrong ... don't think I am ... but it seems to me that the people willing to pay big bucks for a Vegas show aren't the people who are into Britney Spears. Like I said, I could be wrong but if that show even makes it to fruition I give it a year tops.

pat

The people putting this together are complete idiots.

Mark my words. If she goes ahead with this, it'll be a total disaster. It will be her undoing.

layne25348

That is a lot of money to watch someone lip synch and awkwardly wobble.

Lassie

I cant believe this TRAIN WRECK is being offered these crazy sums! This woman is a has been. She's disgusting. She can'r dress to save herself. Her make up is a atrocious. She's not good at communicating. She can't hold down a man. Her bubble burst a long time ago. She's another bald scalp waiting to happen!

who dat

Hope the Vegas casino loses their a$$. She has no talent, never did. She doesn't even sing live. Just changes clothes 5 times per show. I wouldn't go to her show if the tickets were free.

Haha

What happened to her "writing on her album" (AKA the reason why she "quit" X-factor)? Yeah. She got fired.

Also, who would even watch that dried up, drugged out zombie? Sorry, Brit, but you lost your popularity long ago after that mental breakdown. Maybe it's time to rest until you're REALLY ready. Which can take years.