Britney Spears

VERY Close

To Closing Vegas Deal

1/13/2013 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_las_vegas_britney_Spears_articleBritney Spears' team has almost locked an enormously lucrative deal which will make her a fortune in return for appearing in Las Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Britney is seriously considering picking up stakes and making her residency Las Vegas -- something just made easier after her split with fiance Jason Trawick.  She's been negotiating with one of the Caesar group properties to appear in a Celine Dion-type show.

Sources connected to the negotiations tell us ... from Brit's standpoint, "The deal is a go. There are several stipulations that could throw a monkey wrench in the deal, but it's basically done."

One of the outstanding issues -- exactly what Britney will be doing.  There's back-and-forth over whether she will just perform on stage at a big theater multiple nights a week, or whether she will also make appearances at functions in the hotels, nightclubs and pool day clubs.

Our sources say the money being negotiated is "astronomical" -- more than Celine's $100 mil a year.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

ralphycamp

Why would anybody in their right mind pay $$ to see Brittany lip sync a show when you can pay and see many other Vegas acts actually sing live?

Pittslady

Can Cyndi Lauper take her spot as a judge? or on AGT ? one of those shows?

Vero Perez

Honestly, even though I do not like her, I was a fan when I was a teenager. I think it would be a great investment for vegas and a great business move for her. I would definitely go to see her show.I know it would be good. I have been to Vegas and never seen Celine Dion and I will never go. I think a lot of people would agree.

MJ

I hope she doesn't do it!!! She is a TRUE strar!!! This is for people who are going to fall off the edge of the earth!!! Please britney no. However if she does I'm hella going to las vegas :-D But I still hope she doesn't do it

jokerchick

reason #57 why I never have to "do" Vegas again...

Buddy The Elf

What could POSSIBLY go wrong with a lipsynching, chemically imbalanced ex-singer living in Vegas?

dandypants

Britney will be great for Las Vegas!

First of all, most of you haters are PAID to leave nasty comments that have no substance nor merit.

Britney Spears has a huge following and has sold millions of albums consistently for over a decade.

She has a positive attitude and she works really hard. If she puts her mind to it, I'm sure she could accomplish anything in Las Vegas.

Her kids will move with her to LV and I'm sure they will be more than happy and find ample time to spend with their mother. People shouldn't listen to the lies in the media about her relationship to her children. I can confirm that some opportunistic people have been paid money to spread slander and lies about Britney Spears and especially since 2007. Before you make a judgment, you should check your facts, because you might be unknowingly spreading lies about an innocent person who actually has it together, takes good care of her kids, and is an innocent victim of sabotage.

Peace. Good luck Britney.

dandypants

Britney will be great for Las Vegas!

Peace. Good luck Britney.

Rodney

Why would any Casino property be stupid enough to pay millions for a lip sync lounge act?

She openly admitted to lyp syncin ALL her concerts cuz she sez she cant dance AND sing at the same time.

I doubt she can walk AND chew bubble gum at the same time, ya all!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8