« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Reportedly APOLOGIZES

to Livestrong Staff

1/14/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_lance_armstrong_tmzLance Armstrong reportedly issued an emotional apology to several staff members at his Livestrong organization in Texas  ... amidst rumors that he's finally going to admit that he cheated.

According to the AP, Armstrong met with staffers right before he headed to an interview with Oprah Winfrey ... an interview in which he's rumored to finally admit he doped during his cycling career.

During the meeting with Livestrong staff, Armstrong reportedly choked up ... and said "I'm sorry" for letting everyone down.

Armstrong's apology was vague at best -- at no point did he ever admit to using any performance enhancing drugs ... or cheating in any way.

It's the first time the disgraced cyclist has acted remorseful since the cheating saga began several years ago.

After the apology, Armstrong met with advisers and his legal team before going face-to-face with Oprah at a nearby hotel.

1017_lance_armstrong_footer_v3

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

eivissa

I have read that the " I AM SORRY "

is attached to

" I WANT TO RUN in MARATHONS".
~
His apology is meaniless to me because it comes with a presant at the end.

I give you this if you give me that.
~

The damage that he has done and the money that he took from so many, I think everyone should come together and file a CLASS ACTION SUIT against him.
(Dramatic I know.)
~
Lastly
He needs to do the 8 step.
that Addicts and AA do. Go to EVERYONE he has hurt and affected and really try to make amends. But we all know he won't do that.
~
Cheryl Crow is on the TOP of that list.

BigTunaLV

Here's a bracelet >>> LA•STFU

sean

I hope Oprah destroys him, not only for lying, but for maliciously destroying the credibility and lives of anyone who called him out on his doping. Lance is a horrible human being who only cared about himself and didn't give a damn who he hurt in the process of deceiving the public, his sponsors and the sport of cycling. The other cyclists at least had the guts to admit they were doping, instead of lying under oath to investigators like Lance did.

eivissa

Alot of people have/had Cancer and don't use their cancer for attention getting for fame for personal $$$$. MY GUT is that his cancer wasn't as serious as he stated. But he is protected by HIPPA. I aways had my suspicions because I have watched many in my family go through cancer, even Brain cancer and his never added up. I know all those steroids helped him along. I dont think ANYONE with the CANCER he has gone thru can bounce back so quickly and win so many races.There is no way. I never bought it back then and I never will. I cant believe NO ONE EVER ever suspected this way back then! jeeze!
Hate away now.

Roman

So nice to see that this forum is filled with such perfect people. Even better is the fact that all of you couch sitting fat asses jump at the chance to knock an athlete the first chance you get. Knock Lance, makes you feel better about your fat ass never doing anything. Long live Lance

jokerchick

too little, too late

Boop

Harv's website is stupid. If I can't post. WTF? Im over you.

Boop

Like anything else. Do you want to play? or Win? I hate folks that will do anything to win.

Jasel

I always knew this guy was a cheating lying douchebag. Wonder where all his cheerleaders are now who were constantly defending him against doping allegations from those who knew and worked with him.

Chef Jack Tripper

This guy is sick and tired of not making money from us. Let's forgive him so he can continue living the good life. Why we ever cared about cycling or him, I will never understand.

Mike

An apology means nothing if you don't say what you are apologizing for.

beentheredonethat

This POS doesn't need Oprah to come clean. He could have just called a press conference. Sorry, Oprah, some of that dirt will rub off on you. Shame on you for letting him use you.

missy

its really sad how we put people up on a pedastal and when we find out they lied to millions of people we shoot him down so quickly. too little too late for lance. seriously. in order to know that he is sincere, he needs go give back alot of money to those who invested in him. im sure that would be so difficult. it would be difficult for any of us. would you give back your millions? thats what he should do even tho its really asking alot. what ever he has to say now is penniless. really sad!

Roman

I'm not perfect either Lance. I'll forgive you.

Sonja

So after calling everyone else a liar and making it sound like it was everyone else who was the guilty one, while Armstrong fans blasted everyone but Lance.. NOW he is admitting what has been said all along and everyone is supposed to be ok with it? It's one thing to admit a wrong when it comes out.. not months after lying and deflecting and calling everyone else involved liars. Hate this man.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments