Lindsay Lohan

I Didn't Want to Fire Shawn

BUT ...

1/14/2013 3:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_holley_lohan_tmz2
Lindsay Lohan
is telling friends ... she never authorized her New York lawyer to fire Shawn Holley and never instructed him to send her a letter of termination ... but there's one BIG problem with her story.

Sources connected with attorney Mark Heller tell TMZ ... Lindsay SIGNED the letter he sent to Holley earlier today, giving her the boot.

TMZ broke the story ... Holley was 86'd just before a scheduled meeting with the judge and prosecutor in Lindsay's lying-to-cops case, trying to plea bargain it away.

Lindsay is now telling friends ... she desperately wants Shawn back on board. She's saying she thinks of Shawn as a second mother -- interesting, considering she barely has a first.

Lindsay says she knows Shawn is an ace in court and she would never drop her the day before she's scheduled to go to court. As you know, the judge set a hearing tomorrow to decide if Lindsay violated her probation in the jewelry heist case by allegedly lying to cops in the car accident case. Again ... Lindsay signed that letter.

Lindsay says she's instructed Heller to send Shawn another letter cancelling the first.

As for whether Shawn will take her back ...

Stay tuned ...

Suzy Q

I'm not sure if this has already been settled (or even where it came from) but a "grit" is either a grip (who supports the gaffer) with a typo or (from urban dictionary) : a cigarette; a redneck; an unsophisticated person; a filthy person or (my personal favorite):

"Derogitory term for the "white trash" underclass. The kind of folks that smoked in high school and took auto mechanics.

Derived from "The Grit Pit," the name for the designated smoking area at Westerville South High School. (A designated smoking area at a HIGH SCHOOL?! Ah, yes, those were the days.)
Don't cut behind the baseball dugouts--that's where the grits hang out."

HannahF

So-Heller and Holley.

The h8turds will recall that I was astonished that LL kept Heller on as counsel for her NY case. Given that the disposition of that case affects her POV, I assumed that Shawn's firm had an NYC firm they work with in such instances. I guess you can't retain attorneys without paying their retainer.

So, she is stuck with Heller--buddy of her "you are dead to me unless I need your help" father. That means that Shawn and Heller have been in contact with each other. Hmmm.

If we accept ROL's assertion that LL owes Shawn $300k, Shawn didn't quit over $$--she was fired. Again, accepting TMZ's sources as accurate.

odie

And where is our BORDELINE CRACKIE? Strange we haven't seen a pap photo or fresh police report on her in a week. Interesting how she can go incognito when she so chooses. Is she detoxing at one of those facilities that specializes in a "weekend" stay? Whe

dreamon

So, Hanna, if Shawn is indeed fired , does she show up tomorrow, recuse herself and a new date is set for Lindsay and her new lawyer? Or, does Lindsay have to be prepared to go ahead? Could Lindsay have fired Shawn to cover for not making it to LA?

kanye east

"....I'm sorry, Linds. My reputation's starting to be tarnished. Clients have to pay. I couldn't take you back even if I wanted to. Heller's a nightmare."

"But Shaaaawwwwwnnnn..... you KNOW it wasn't me!! Someone's setting me up!!!! PLEEEEEEEZZZEEE, Shawn!!!!
A-WAAAAAAAAA!!!"

"I'm sorry, honey. There's nothing I can do now".

"What?!! You want MONEY?!!!
QUAAAAACKquackquackquackquackquack!!!!!!"

Don't go there. Even all the..."

"You're dead to me!!!!!"

janet

Shawn Holly tried to recuse herself as Lohans attorney after Lohans bullshyt no show in court

Lohan photoed as she's partying in France wasted on a boat. Lohan said she expected her jet setting friends will fly her back to L.A. Hell no. She was pretty much get the boat.

Lohan now has to stall for time. She pulls the lost passport that was never lost or stolen she says she reported to the French Police. The French Police have no record of Lindsay Lohan reporting a stolen passort.

Amazingly Lohan found her never stolen passport and got a flight back to L.A. 3 days after her known court date. Shawn Holley got her out of that.

Lohan is still trying to pull the same garbarge. Lohan is wasted and doesn't feel like showing up.

There is no way Lohan could not get back to NYC for her court date on the 7th. Hell she was giving over a month, OK, delayed. Over a week later the 15th, California court date. Lohan had no intension of showing up. So Lohan pulls fire her lawyer to buy time. Lohan is now pulling oops didn't mean it bullshyt.

ketjo

Time just about for the next Flip Flop Story ....getting late here on the East coast.....Some of us have to get up really early every morning so come on TMZ get to it......Getting cold up her so the one with the old Tequila should would be welcome about now .....LOL....but your going have to bring a mixer I just can't take it straight......
Now thats funny coming from a gal who can take a shot of Shine down in one gulp..........Course that was years ago...now..I am a lot more careful in what I drink.....
I'm going roll up in my blankets and catch some sleep ...Somebody poke me if anything interestin shows up...just don't shove me off the Monkey bars OK !!! ...

Jody

This is very likely a stunt to get out of the hearing tomorrow. Shawn or the other attorney will ask for a delay.

Twilightstar

Holley shouldn't take her back. I bet Lindsay owes her money and Holley will have to sue her to get paid. The new lawyer looks a little skeezy. Dude better get a big retainer and cash the check quick.

odie

@KETJO, name your poison,girl-It's yours. For us, Ketjo, the BAR opens at around noon tomorrow-course those "LA DRUNKS" like MADDY start as soon as the sun rises-that's how they ROLL!!! PARTY TIME, EVERYONE!!! LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!

Luv

Is there anything that Lindsay won't lie about? Now she's lying that she didn't read the letter of termination?

Another stall technique.

No one should believe anything she says.

EasilyHard

She has no retainer $

HannahF

Sorry Maddy--I'm trying to break it up--I'll tie it up here. I think Heller told her a better story, Lindsay bought it, signed the letter and off it went to Shawn. Shawn called Lindsay directly, LL realized she'd fkud up or would not succeed at whatever game she was trying to play and tried to undo the firing.

So, the technical crap. Heller can rep Lindsay in LA pro hac vice. A motion must be filed, hearing held,etc. This has to be personally filed. There is no electronic filing in LASC. In family court we can file faxed copies--I email my scanned motions to my attorney service and they file the copies. Those pesky crim law types are more picky. (Their local rules are EIGHT pages longer than ours.)

So, you can fax file a motion to continue made pursuant to CA Penal Code Section 1050--but it has to be filed and served 2 days before the hearing--unless there is good cause--if the court finds there is no good cause sanctions will be assessed.

Under Local Rule 8.5(b) arraignments cannot be continued except upon a showing of good cause and should not be continued longer than 14 days.

So, assuming that this all went down today, Shawn is still the attorney of record. The pro hac vice motion--if it exists-most likely has not been filed. Since tomorrow is just an arraignment (that's my understanding--for the Sta. M cases and the VOP) they will set a hearing date. In court today they had a sign on the wall about PC Section 1050--which means they take it seriously.

I honestly don't know how firing/unfiring works when no papers have been filed with the court.

My guess is hearing dates set and cannot predict Holley/Heller

Hot Farts

felt an earthquake

tleeg

Of course shell take her back...shes a gold mine to her. Im a bail bondsman and id loooove a fu*ked up client like Lindsey.