« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

YES, I DOPED

1/18/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

011713_lance_oprah_550x550
Lance Armstrong
just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances before all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I don't know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

He added, "I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

Lance said he began using EPO (erythropoietin) -- a hormone that enhances red blood cell production -- in the mid 90s.

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if it felt wrong at the time -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if he felt like he was cheating -- he replied, "No ... I viewed it as a level playing field."

As for how the whole operation worked, Armstrong hedged on the details -- saying, "I viewed it as very simple. You had things that were oxygen-boosting drugs, for lack of a better word, that were incredibly beneficial for endurance sports. And that's all you needed."

He added, "My cocktail was only EPO ... not a lot ... transfusions and testosterone."

Lance -- who referred to his former self as "an arrogant pr*ck" -- isn't shocked by the outrage over his lies and deceit ... saying, "I deserve it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TexasKyote

Arrogant, pompous, asshat. He isn't contrite. I hope EVERYONE he sued or whos life he ruined when they tried to expose his dishonesty turn around and sue him and take everything he has or will have in the future. THIS is what is happening to our society, you lie you cheat, you deny deny deny until you are caught then you say oh oh oh I am sooooooooo sorry. ALL IS NOT FORGIVEN NOTHING IS FORGIVEN you called yourself a sportsman you are a ball less prick who should go to jail.

Madfiction

I think one are two races my be forgivable but 7 is just to f-ing greedy for forgiveness.

Cheri

I'm one of those people that stood behind Lance, I thought you can't cheat that many times, boy was I wrong. I hope he loses everything he owns. and I hope he goes to jail.

Dave

So he committed the crime, took the money, the fame and the endorsements. Lived like a rock star, threatened anyone who told the truth and now he wants sympathy because he's sorry? Sorry buddy, too little, too late. I never want to hear your name again.

Kàt

He was the, 'One nut wonder'
They stripped him of his Olympic medal .... now strip him of last nut.
Narsasistic liar and a cheat.

QE2

During the interview, Oprah asked him if he regretted his comeback. He said "Yes, because if it weren't for that, we wouldn't be sitting here." Thnk about that. He is saying that he regrets that he got caught, not that he used and lied and bullied and sued everyone he could think of. No forgivenss is possible because he is sorry he got caught, not sorry for his actions. And he is such a sociopath he doesn't even realize it.

George

Why tear him down? Why not accept the fact that professional athletes who's lively hood depend on wins augment their bodies to the highest possible levels of performance? We should be excited when we see what can be done when we apply science to our bodies. Athletes are the ones who show how far we can go when we apply scientific breakthroughs to our bodies. Who knows what we can achieve? I personally am excited when we learn about new ways to push our bodies past our physical limitations. Pull your self righteous heads out of your ass and realize that this is pushing human evolution to the ultimate goal of being strong enough to venture out into space and learn about the unknown.

QE2

And I seriously doubt that anyone will get any money from this guy. I'm sure he protected his assets long ago. That is why he should get jail time.

WhatsUrDefinition of crazy

Charlie Sheen dopes too... B.F.D. everyone makes mistakes...

CANDICE_L

Wow, he's so blase about it. They all cheat to get to the top.....if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough....was the baseball quote, no?

Hobie

Tough call. Sounds like the entire sport was doing it in one form or another. But he's sitting on millions in ill-gotten gains. Tens of millions of dollars derived from a fraud. He should get sued for all he's got and then we'll think about it forgiveness.

Pogue

Who did he cheat? His cnoetarirs who were all doing the same thing? His sponsers who he made millions for? Grow up. He's an a hole that deserves everything bad he gets but he only "cheated" stupid people

jayney

Hey guys. Btw, did you know the photo of 'Lady Gaga', wearing the guns bra during her performance was also accompanied by her pants which are German wear that were worn by Hitler's Army? What message is she sending out there? Really? Hitler? OMG!

Phil

38% say forgive Lance? Are you serious? That's like your true love cheating on you continuously for decades and when they're confronted they lie and threaten you. This is not a nice guy and he was paid tens of millions for these lies. Wake up.
There is much more to this story.

Phil