Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

moxie

Play that race card, bitch.

Spicy mag

She got served.

notalawyer

Contact "Kitty Katt Williams" at once...

BB not bb

Is it that big a deal either way? People are rude all the time. If she was in the wrong seat, they could have asked her to move more politely I guess. They let her be Miss America, so how is it all so racist?

Kate

how pathetic. why do people always revert to the colour of their skin as being the issue, when they are in the wrong?

jason

Blacks and the race card....

jimi

here we go

ZombieGirlGina

Because she's black? I didn't see anything claiming he called her a racial slur. Typical use of the race card because Princess didn't get her way.

Liz

I'm not buying the crap she's selling. She sounds totally spoiled and her attempt at playing the race card was lame. She needs to get a life. Has-been. (never-was).

TNastyFunktown

I detest racism. I also detest people using the race card. Two equally as destructive things.

freaksober

she SHARDED in her seat and they wanted her to move...

Chris

She should've been thrown out of there because of her ugly nose

NOT ELMO

Me thinks she was probably Miss Haiti...............She is not pretty at all

Bad Dog

She doesn't plan on suing? Hmm anyone else believe that?

Truth

OH MAN, DOES THE F*CKING GLOVE FIT? NOOOO... BUT THE COLOR BLACK DOES. WHY DO ALL BLACK PEEPS USE THIS SH*T AS AN EXCUSE, SRUSLY?? DOES A WHITE DUDE STANDING IN LINE BEHIND A 100 BLACK PEEPS AT A WELFARE OFFICE CLAIM RACISM BECUZ HE'S WHITE??? GTFO! POINT BLANK!! #TRUTH!!