Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

Nonsense

Blacks don't want equality, they want special privileges. Unfortunately, that's what the civil rights movement caused. Just reverse discrimination. I'm sick of it.

Dab710

I think the same thing happened to the President the other day

LuCha

I'm so sick of people watering down racism. It's not cute. Just MOVE YOUR ASS BITCH!

LuCha

I'm so sick of people wating down racism. MOVE your ass bitch.

Stratcat

She's not important enough for anyone to care about. Even Al Sharpton probably rolled his eyes at that one.

fatty fat

Hahahahaha! STOP acting like the nig you are and shut up. YOU WON THE F'N CROWN! Was that because you're black, too?

We shoulda picked our own damn cotton.

Joy

I went to High School with her!! She is SOOOO Sweet so if she says they were racist to her I believe it!! Love you Erica!!

Chuck

Sounds as though the fame flame has burned out for Miss whinney Dunlap. Maybe a little fanning and the flame will ignite for her...sorry the race card is too tired to respond.

Nonsense

Oh yippee, Monday is MLK day. The most politically correct, patronizing day of the year.

Dab710

It sounds like if the producer said "I don't care who you are" that it made no difference whether she was black or white.

dommylee

Us white folk is the minority get it str8

Lekili

Pulling the race card, seriously!

BB not bb

Blacks will twist just about any situation to make it seem that whites are being racist to them. I don't even know if it is intentional somethimes. I think they are so brainwashed to always think that way and jump to that conclusion, that it ends up being just a default reaction.

Maybe the producer did cuss her out when she refused to move. I think it is a matter of a couple of uptight people butting heads. He probably had an abrupt tone so she sat there to spite him and then he got help to pull her off the chair.

She could have just asked why she had to move. Maybe then he could have given the reason that it was for the parents, and she would have understood. Blacks should ask questions before just resorting to having an attitude.

Toilethead

Not everything is racist.

Laura

I think #2, D, said exactly what I was thinking. And maybe they moved her because she was being an ass, not a black ass--just an ass.