'Django' Slave Toys

DISCONTINUED

1/18/2013 8:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118_django_toys_01
The controversial “Django Unchained” action figures have officially been DISCONTINUED ... after several African American groups called for a boycott of the dolls ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the toy production tell us ... shortly after advocacy groups like Al Sharpton’s National Action Network and Project Islamic Hope spoke out against the figurines ... the Weinstein Company (which produced the film) reached out to the toy company and told them to put the kibosh on the toy line ASAP.

We're told the toy company agreed, insisting they never intended to offend anyone ... and halted production immediately.

Sources tell us ... the toymakers only released somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 dolls before shutting down production.

We reached out to the Weinstein Company for comment, so far no word back. But earlier this week we got Christoph Waltz out in Hollywood and it sounds like the 'Django' cast has already learned the fate of the action figures.

speakMYbrain

my slave doll wouldn't work

Who the Hell is Khloe

I have a couple of collector babies. I was so sick to hear these mom groups complaining about the tattooed Barbie (tokidoki). First of all that doll is 100.00. You really gonna spend that much for a toy a girl will eventually ruin? These dolls here are collectables. That's it

Kate

Ridiculous. The are movie action figures, NOT " slave toys".

~CC~

THANK GOD ........SOMEBODY...............HAD THE WHEREWITHAL TO TAKE THIS MOST HIGHLY OFFENSIVE BUNCH OF INFLAMATORY FOOLISHNESS OFF THE MARKET!!! To ALLOW this
SLAVE DOLL has GOT TO BE one of THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL and DESPICIABLE and DISGUSTING andDISHONORABLE THINGS even the worst of HOLLYWOOD BIGWIGS HAVE EVER COME UP WITH!!!!!!!
I mean, what was a child supposed to do to play with a SLAVE DOLL?? ...Play "LYNCHING" GAMES!...play "WHIPPING GAMES??...Play "MASSAH GONE GIT YA!!!" GAMES??? Play "MASSAH GONE RAPE YA" GAMES?? I mean this thing was an ABSLOUTE DISSSSS---GRACE BEFORE GOD and Man!! SMH...S...M...H... THANK GOD SOMEBODY FOUGHT TO HAVE THIS TRIFLIN MESS DISCONTINUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anger Causes Change!!!
~C~

~CC~

Anger Causes Change!!!
~C~

UmAnyways

There are Walking Dead toys.

Everyone who thinks this is racist is retarded

My god.... People are mad because of collectors items? I should just kill myself now. I can't even see how this could ever be considered racist. Americans are becoming over sensitive and its driving me insane.

cobrazombie

The prices of these are going to skyrocket and be collectible for years to come.

Scott Levy

Apparently way more people than I would've thought don't have any nerdy friends or relatives. There's a huge market now for collectible action figures made just for adults. These were never intended to be "slave dolls". They're collectibles for fans of the movie.

Chris

Too sensitive

Whocares

I would totally buy these just to piss off you bunch of weak overly-PC pansies. Go protest something that matters, you wusses. It must be exhausting to wake up just panting over what's going to offend your limp-weenie sensibilities each day. Get a life.

al

if they are serious about bringing slavery back
then they need to bring it before the supreme court
one would think ..it would be about cheap labor

John

There are many, many living dolls today.

IAMSALLIE

This **** is hilarious a mfkn slave doll and master...wow

TomB

I am absolutely baffled by this. Am I suppose to know why these toys are offensive? I haven't a clue. I read a news story, and it ignores the first question that come to anyone's mind after reading the headline? My God, what are the depths to which Internet/TV journalism will plunge.