« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Releases Voicemails

from 'Lennay Kekua'

1/24/2013 9:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

012413_teo_voicemails
Manti Te'o has released 3 voicemails he claims he received from "Lennay Kekua" during the hoax -- in which Lennay comes off as a very jealous ... and very emotional person.

The first VM was supposedly left on Manti's phone right before she began her first round of chemotherapy for the fake cancer. During the call, Lennay says, "Just wanted to call you and keep you posted ... I miss you, I love you ... bye."

FYI -- TMZ has confirmed the person doing the voice of Lennay on the voicemails is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

0124_ronaiah_article_tmz
Call #2 is a sobbing mess ... in which Lennay accuses Manti of having another girl in his room. Lennay tells Manti, "I don't know why you don't answer your phone ... and I don't care."

She continues, "This is my last time trying ... you made it clear what you want."

Manti claims Call #3 was placed on September 11, 2012 -- the day before she supposedly died.

During the call, Lennay tells Manti, "Hey babe, I’m just calling to say goodnight.  I love you."

She adds, "I know that you’re probably doing homework or you’re with the boys, or grubbing, what a fatty.  I just want to say I love you and goodnight and I’ll be okay tonight, I’ll do my best.  So, yeah, get your rest and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.  I love you so much hun, sweet dreams."

Manti released the voicemails to Katie Couric -- and will discuss them during his sit-down interview on her talk show.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chef Jack Tripper

I wish all this Manti Teo coverage would disappear, just like his fake girlfriend.

I am Spartacus

It's a shame the sports media and fans feel the need to make this kid prove to us that he was scammed when really it's non of our business. Can it teach others to not be so naive? Sure, but i'm sure everyone involved has been embarrassed enough and now it's just getting old.

Gabe

Manti was in on it; he and his friend often spoke, now he is calling those phone records his source of proof. Dude just fess up and let's move on.

Hammer

Will this story just go away?

really! really?

Simply do not understand why this is BIG NEWS. It happens in 8th-12th grade schools across the nation all of the time.

OH NO!

**** YOU TMZ. WE DON"T CARE. SHOVE THIS STORY UP YOU ASS!

Nicoleasm

It's all so ridiculous. Someone played a stupid prank on him, he's looking stupid for taking an online girl as a serious girlfriend, and I think the only thing he's guilty of is after finding out the truth, keeping up with the lie. But I kind of understand why he did. It was embarrassing the amount of national attention he got over the girl, including having to admit he only knew her from the web, then to find out she wasn't real...could you come clean with that?

MysticalFlute

At least this guy has TALENT, unlike half of the idiots TMZ follows. A certain family comes to mind, one that makes me hat the letter "K".

EarlyCuyler

Manti is gay! That is why this whole thing started. He likes dick in his butt and mouth. End of story.

antijemima

Are people really interested in this story? I don't know anyone that actually cares.

Gloria Unread

Odd that he would allegedly still keep her as a "girlfriend" though she played the ultra-jealous, psychotic "was that another girl with you?!? who is she?!?" game.
Guys (and girls) in real-life relationships should avoid that insane jealousy crap like the plague. But even more so if that behavior is coming from someone you haven't even met in person. That's a gigantic red flag.

JiLL1

So basically the guy was cat-fished and when he found out he continued with the story cause he was embarrassed. I understand why he lied, who wants to be exposed as being that gullible

Truth

MAN, CAN WE HAVE A CELEBRITY DEATH LIKE BEYONCE TO REMOVE THIS GAY DOUCHE BAG OFF THE FRONT PAGE??? ...JUST SAYIN. #TRUTH!!

KnuckleDragger

Until I saw the really thick red border on this one...I thought it was unimportant.

Ace

Her eyes were hazel and her nose was slightly curved
We spent a lonely night at the Memory Motel
You're just a memory (just a memory) of a love that used to mean so
Much to me
(just a memory)
You're just a memory of a love that used to mean so
much to me
You're just a memory girl, you're just a sweet
Old memory
And it used to mean so much to me

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments