'Parker Lewis' Star

Boat Crash

Shattered Leg, Extreme Blood Loss

1/24/2013 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124_corin_nemec_article_2
Corin Nemec -- star of the '90s sitcom "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" -- is recovering from emergency surgery ... after he shattered his leg and lost TONS of blood in a bad boating accident this weekend.

Nemec says he was on board a Coast Guard vessel in Belize on Saturday morning -- on his way to shoot a scene for a movie -- when the boat crashed into a semi-submerged barge.

Nemec claims he suffered major injuries in the wreck -- and was transported to a nearby hospital for emergency surgery.

The actor -- who was working on the movie "Poseidon Rex" -- told a local news reporter, "We hit the sinking barge, and that is what filled the boat to one side immediately with an enormous amount of force, and that threw me into the side of the boat where I shattered my femur in 3 places."

41-year-old Nemec says the break was so bad, he lost over half the blood in his body -- and he required multiple blood transfusions to save his life.

"Everybody onboard that boat, including the gentlemen working for the Coast Guard, everyone is lucky to be alive," Nemec said.

0124_corin_nemec_article_3

Wolftech

Never heard of that Parker Lewis show, but Colin Nemec played Jonas Quinn on Stargate SG-1 for a couple of seasons.

Tim

Glad he's o.k. but I have no idea who he is.

DeeMaree

Dammit!!! Ouch ouch ouch ouch and OUCH. Have no idea who this is but dammit! That had to freaken hurt.

Georgiagirl

He played Steven Staynor in "I Know My First Name is Steven". He was just a kid then. Sending wishes for a smooth and swift recovery.

beef

Stupid scientologist.
This will result in him being PTS. (potential trouble source) and in a lower condition with the church/cult. Other members will be encouraged to keep thier distance from him so as to not catch body thetan cooties.

ray

I'm sure the CG had him sign a release before he got on board so I hope the production company's health policy has the proper "overseas" rider.

Jake

He was pretty good in "The Stand".

Chef Jack Tripper

I certainly hope Parker has retained some of his "can't lose" abilities, especially when it comes to his leg after this injury.

saynotolies

So glad you're okay Corin and hope you heal quickly... also one quick comment for Damian Hart...A$$hole!!!! Harvey, you should be blocking people like this!! Have you not noticed his comments?

SoManyIdiots

Good thing “TONS" of blood was available. Just saw him in an interview talking about a comeback. Hope this doesn't put an end to it.

Fallopia Lopez

Good to see this guy - always liked PLCL...

Faye

Never heard of this guy or his show.

Katie1234

Jonas Quinn! Hope he gets well soon!

Carl

I used to really like that show. It is a pretty obscure reference given that it was never a huge hit and most of the TMZ audience would have been too young to remember it. Other than one joke in an episode of Family Guy I haven't heard about the show since it was cancelled. Anyway I hope Corin recovers fully.

khoran

Oh yeah Parker Lewis Can't Lose was one of my favorite shows. I'm gonna youtube it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments