Randy Travis

I'm Getting Treatment

For My Booze Problem

1/26/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_randy_travis_tmz_wmRandy Travis is so serious about giving the bottle the boot ... he's actively seeking out treatment for his alcohol problem -- all while recording two albums -- TMZ has learned.

If you recall ... Randy had a significant drinking issue back in 2012 -- when he was busted for that naked DWI -- and has since given up alcohol for good.

Now, Randy's lawyer, Larry Friedman, tells TMZ ... Randy's health is on the upswing, but he still wants to get professional help so he can maintain his booze-free path to sobriety.

According to Friedman, Randy will continue recording as he goes through treatment ... and plans on releasing two albums by the end of the year.

It's paying off too -- Friedman tells TMZ, Randy's record sales are up ... and bookings recently reached an all-time high.

Me Too

(Most) everyone deserves a second chance...I hope he tackles his demons and gets well.

Twiz

Is there a twelve step program for keeping your clothes on?

buzz kill

One might say he could write a country song about drinking, but I would think there is at least an album or two in there for all his crap.

Kàt

the least we could do is give the guy a chance. Hey we gave Lindsy & Brooke the benefit of the doubt.
Say a prayer for the guy.
When you are caught up in Alcohol, you don't think you have a problem. It's after the treatment and your eyes are open again, that you see the mistakes of your ways.
He's human, and just like you and I we have all made mistakes. If he's honestly trying, then I say "Right On". ALl the best to ya Travis. Won't be easy, but there are those pulling for ya.

Kàt

someone mentioned the AA program being a religious like cutl. I would have to agree to some degree. Husband had to attend AA for a DUI. It was absolutely insane. He belives in God, but when every other word is religious.........well, he finally found another AA meeting that focused more on facts, instead of religion and the constant repeat of hearing someones personal problems in their lives. Thank God he founds another AA meeting to go to, as I thought the initial AA program was going to driving him to drinking again.

Mike

Maybe Randy Travis and Ozzy Osbourne could do a song together about their problems with "Demon Alcohol" ... a fusion of hard rock and country.

Why not? I'm sure Ozzy has done all sorts of crazy things while he was drunk just like Randy ... probably more.

Regina

I'm glad to hear this. Keep on the path to sobriety dude. I loved him in Black Dog with Patrick Swayze!!

static

Just come out already.

Lee

I think this is good news. Travis is a great singer and I hope he can get his life back together.

Black Dirt Goodness

I know several people personally who have had their lives saved by AA. Obviously some groups may be better than others, but there was never a mention of "religious cult".

Toilethead

Good for him! The first step is always admitting you can't do it. alone.

fleabag73

Best Wishes Randy, it's a long road, but you've got what it takes. Show 'em how it's done!

Morticia Cowghoul

I really hope he can pull it together. I like his music and voice. I loved it when he was on MATLOCK...he's a pretty good actor too. Go Randy!

EasilyHard

Gummi Bear Shots are allowed

Meme Jones

What's a gummie bear shot????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments