« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

O.J. Simpson Book

Ultra-Rare Copy of

'If I Did It' On Sale for $250k

1/29/2013 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_oj_ebay_01
It's one of the last remaining copies in existence ... an original edition of O.J. Simpson's infamous hypothetical confession book "If I Did It" -- and it just hit the auction block ... for $250,000.

The book was originally announced in November 2006 -- and 400,000 copies were printed -- but the release was abruptly canceled following a public backlash ... and the books were reportedly recalled to be destroyed.

But according to legend, a small number survived -- one reportedly lives at News Corporation (the original publisher), one was auctioned off on eBay in 2007 (for $65,000) ... and now, another copy has surfaced on the auction website. It's unclear how many more are still floating around in obscurity.

The latest book to surface has been listed at $250,000 -- and according to the listing, payment is required in FULL within 48 hours of the auction ending.

A revised version of "If I Did It" was republished in 2007 -- with added commentary -- and proceeds were awarded to the family of one of Simpson's alleged murder victims, Ron Goldman ... but an original edition is practically unheard of.

The auction ends at the end of next month.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

static

I wonder if the President believes he did it or not, He has an opinion on everything else.

whocares

Gosh I wish I had this copy. I could pay off my house and put my kids through college. What a joke. The things we idolize as human beings is so gross...

Sc00terb0y

Ok! I seen the ebay thing and I have a question! You have to wire the money before the auction ends? Don't you have to go through PayPal to pay it? I would never wire somebody 250,000.00 except if its through Paypal!

Karl Forrester

I have an original revised 2007 copy. Read once, mint condition.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Gotta be an idiot to believe it's an "ultra" rare book.

Karl Forrester

I have an original copy of the 2007 revised edition, read once...perfect condition.

Lucky_130

I like OJ, he was a great football player and was really funny in the Naked Gun movies

Ace

The book is on Amazon for $10...really!

RuthLaguna

A second book was just listed on ebay. I love how people will throw around the word rare. Everyone that has one of these is going to try and cash in now.

TruthorDare

I see two books listed on ebay for $250K so how many is there really out there? Is it really worth $250K?

CLINT

I wouldn't put one red cent into whomever is selling this trash. I don't know if he did it or not, but he was at the very least a part of the murders. I always felt that his buddy AC Cowlings was in on it too. I will always remember the cheers that rang out across Los Angeles when he was found not guilty, and how he was such a coward by trying to escape to Mexico in the back of his car. Two people are dead, and he still feels as if he didn't do anything wrong. May he rot in prison for the rest of his life.

TJ

If he is Khloe's bio Dad,why doesn't he just come forward? Has anyone ever asked him about that?

guillermo brambila

i maid a offer on the book 3 times 10-15-20 buck's --- but i guess i am short on cash--lol

TJ

In that photo, his expression looks just like Khloe's!!

EarlyCuyler

Please "Post" the name of the idiot who buys it

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments