Frankie Avalon

The Beatles Would Be

Huge ... In Any Era!

1/30/2013 12:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012913_avalon_beatles_launch
Would The Beatles have been just as popular had they hit the charts today? You better believe it ... so says Hollywood legend Frankie Avalon.

Our cameraman posed the question to the '60s teen idol recently ... needless to say, Frankie's answer was a resounding YES ... telling TMZ, "I think if The Beatles debuted in ANY day, they'd be humongous. It was a great act, great songs, great music."

As to whether the band could've adapted to modern audiences, Frankie continued, "Look, great is great ... and they were great. I don't care what time, what year, whatever ... they were just wonderful."

And there you go ... great.

HelenaSmithe22

up to I looked at the bank draft four $8437, I did not believe that...my... cousin woz realy earning money in there spare time online.. there aunts neighbour has been doing this for under 16 months and resently paid for the morgage on there mini mansion and got a great new Cadillac. go to, Fox76.com

Debra Brown

I agree with Frankie. When a great band or great songs comes out, you enjoy it. No matter how old the song or how long the group has been around, you still enjoy the group or song, or both. Groups, like Styx, are still working. Music doesn't go out of style.

NYCBlackMan

Sorry Frankie that sound was of a different era....................TODAY THEY WOULD FLOP coming NEW on the scene!

Luz

I love Frankie Avalon's "Venus" and "why". I watch reruns of Frankie and Annette movies. As a matter of fact, I love old movies. They are great!

Luz

I love old movies and foreign movies.

tamara

Frankie's right. The Beatles would be great in any era. wow just imagine if they came on the scene for the first time right now. That would be great!

lovemynews

Just saw Frankie at my grocery store recently and he posed for a picture with my young son. Frankie is beyond a sweetheart. I just love that era of music and my neighborhood in Philly keeps it alive and well.

DaveT

Beatles were a good band, Rollings Stones were better, for my taste, little more rock 'n roll with edge

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2