« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

X Games

Snowmobiler Dies

After Horrific Crash

1/31/2013 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0131_caleb_moore_facebook
A 25-year-old professional snowmobiler has died from injuries he sustained during a horrific crash during the Aspen X Games last week.

Caleb Moore passed away this morning in Colorado, a family spokesperson said.

Moore's family declined to release further details about the death, but stated on Sunday that he had suffered a "brain complication" stemming from the accident ... on top of a severe concussion and bleeding of the heart.

Moore was competing at the snowmobile freestyle final last Thursday when his 450-pound snowmobile flipped over and landed on top of him.

ESPN released a statement Tuesday, saying, "We've worked closely on safety issues with athletes, course designers and other experts for each of the 18 years of X Games. Still, when the world's best compete at the highest level in any sport, risks remain."

Caleb -- once an avid all-terrain vehicle rider -- was a 4-time X Games medalist who first began competing in 2010, after just one month of practicing on snowmobiles.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

ipoopedmyselfandismellnow

my condolences go out to his family x

IowaDimples

My heart goes out to his family. Far too young. But snowmobiles are designed for the ground...not the air. If they were they would be called airplanes.

hoverZero

Just something for spectators to gawk at.

Dstitz

They should have medivacced him outta there not let him WALK AWAY! He may still be here if that was the case!

Questdelsangraal

Gene Pool - 1
Blatant Stupidity - 0

Quick

In other news I just saved a bunch of money switching to State Farm!!!!!!!!!

Columbo

I'm going for a swim in the ocean. I'm going to pollute the waters with chum first. Wish me luck.

Vodkaonly

Damn this sux so bad, I hope his brother and family can escape this tragedy and live in his memory

sahar

Caleb. you think Howard`s bl0g is incredible... last monday I got a top of the range Peugeot 205 GTi since I been earnin $6373 this-past/5 weeks and-even more than, ten/k last-munth. it's definitly the most comfortable job I've ever done. I began this nine months/ago and pretty much immediately started to bring home minimum $84, per-hour. I use the details on this website, buzz45.COM

Mrugowsky

One month clearly wasn't enough practice. Shoulda stuck with 4 wheelers, buddy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6